Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mick

Optimate v Oxford

12 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

has anyone used or got any comments on the Oxford 3800, as opposed to the more popular Optimate?

It's just that my local Honda centre is offering a good deal on the Oxford.

Cheers,

( and a very happy Christmas to all. )

Mick.

Few years ago, got my Optimate (with Honda logo) from one Honda service training event.

Those wires are too stiff to my mind, would like to have them more flexible so it would be more nicer to use.

Hope you understand what i mean.

I used to have an optimate , it killed a couple of battery's on my Goldwing it would lock itself saying the battery was charged when all the while it was draining , ended up throwing it away , Have replaced it with a Ctek and that works great , Have a comfort connector connected to the bike battery that the charger plugs into , this has a red amber and green LED to give indication of the battery state.

I have the Tronic charger from Lidl, works extreamly well costs about £10.00, charges lead acid, Gel & AGM batteries no problem.

I have the Tronic charger from Lidl, works extreamly well costs about £10.00, charges lead acid, Gel & AGM batteries no problem.

Got two of them Wayne,can't fault them.

I inherited the full monty optimate, and could recommend it.

It rejunvinated a battery on my Triumph Sprint that was completely knacked. And the battery has been sorted since.

Got the Lidl one too and it works a treat

I got mine from Aldi, think it was only £5.99 or so. Works a treat aswell. ;)

These Lidl ones sound like a bargain. Bet they don't sell them all the time.

However the Optimate ones are pretty clever, there's a lot more to them than merely a charging. Mine seems to have taken a fairly crapped out battery and made it like new!

The Lidl battery charger is a copy of the CTEK Multi XS3600 which is around £45 or more..

The Lidl battery charger is a copy of the CTEK Multi XS3600 which is around £45 or more..

That is the one I have , if the Lidl one is the same then I would say its a great buy for that price.