Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kev_D

Regulator/rectifier

6 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

Recently my RR gave up the ghost, I had bought one from Jaws as a spare a while back so set about the task of shortening part of the harness to suit.

Unfortunately when doing this, way too easily the black cable pulled out of the RR and rendered it an expensive mistake.

Since then I found a company that sold an X11 specific one.

I can report that the build quality seems very good and that the wires were notable thicker than the Jaws one.

Even better was that there was no cutting of any wires, and that it also came with a spare stator connector and pins if they needed changing due to a meltdown or what have you.

The company is called Moto-electrical

Their X11 page is here, reasonable pricing too I thought

https://www.motoelectrical.co.uk/product/makes/honda/motorcycles/cb1100sf/2000/1137cc/

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Hi Kev

I have seen the motoelectrical before, the trouble is so many electrical parts for sale on the net are of unknown origin (read cheap Chinese crap) so unless motoelectrical are going to offer a good warranty and I believe jaws do offer a warranty ? I would stick with the Jaws solution.

I purchased an FH020AA shindengen regulator rectifier from a well known BMW spares company and the cable, connectors etc off the net, cost me approx £100 in total but well worth it.

Someone will be a long who is vastly more experienced with X11 nuances than I am.  

Edited by Bmac109

Hi Bmac,

Just for future reference they offer a one year warranty on the regulator. 

Posted (edited)

Hi Kev

Thank you for the update greatly appreciated I think that is the same as the Jaws warranty.

I thought about the FH020AA route for a while before I took the plunge as it required me to weld a plate on the sub frame. hence the diy welds :rolleyes:

The Live and neutral outputs now have extra covering so as protect against possible chafing.

4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg1.jpg3.jpg

Edited by Bmac109
1 person likes this

Nice one mac, that looks properly substantial!

best bit of welding on the sub frame