Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest phpbiker

Buy Dampened Front Sprocket On Its Own?

9 posts in this topic

My Honda Dealer says you can only buy a final drive kit.

This can't be true can it?

I really want that original front sprocket. I met a guy today with BOTH an X and a Bird, and he reckons that with smoother changes and less noise in fifth is truly worth it.

Anyone know the part number?

That's bollox... I've got a brand new one in the workshop. leave it with me and I'll grab the part no tomorrow.

Thanks mate, I take they are all the same, and same as the Blackbird across the years all 17T etc? Mines 1999.

I found an online fiche but they don't give part numbers.

I changed my chain & sprockets last year, i bought the OE sprockets from Dave Silvers and a DID VZM X-ring chain from Wemoto.

Don't buy one of those cheapo chain/sprocket kits off ebog, the x11's torque will kill it in less than 1000k. I made this mistake on my previous bike!

Buy the best you can afford but be warned, they are not cheap.

Mine cost me £82.36p for the sprockets and £127.67 for the chain. Sounds expensive but they last ages and even riding hard, i rarely need to adjust my chain. B)

Get a price from Silvers, they might be cheaper than i payed now...

http://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk/

http://www.wemoto.com/

;)

OK...

I have a DID Gold chain with quality good Sprockets.

But the issue is the missing damper.

I rode James bike and his gearbox was quieter and slicker thanks to the damper. Not just the wine in top, but it seemed to absorb the take up noise and make the bike feel much more together to ride.

I met another guy today who said he put Renthals on his, and it made the box feel clunky and noisy, when he went back to just the Honda original on the front, all was cured.

Genuine Honda Part Is 17 tooth and Honda Part Number Is - 23801-MAT-760.......Hope This Helps....Steve

I think you will find quite a few of us have a renthal front sprocket lying around with only a few miles on them

OK...

I have a DID Gold chain with quality good Sprockets.

But the issue is the missing damper.

I rode James bike and his gearbox was quieter and slicker thanks to the damper. Not just the wine in top, but it seemed to absorb the take up noise and make the bike feel much more together to ride.

I met another guy today who said he put Renthals on his, and it made the box feel clunky and noisy, when he went back to just the Honda original on the front, all was cured.

Easy fix then, just buy a new front OE sprocket.