Guest leogreek

Interchangeable parts with CBR1100XX?

18 posts in this topic

Hi everyone.

I haven't posted in some time and I still haven't got myself an X11 (going up 300cc at a time, so it is next after the VFR)

I've been looking around online and I was wondering to what extent parts are interchangeable with the blackbird. I only ask, as a search for blackbird parts returns many more results compared to the X11.

So for example, are the exhausts the same, or the rear shock/front forks etc etc?

Trying to plan well in advance for the day when it arrives :)

Many thanks

You would think there would be a lot of interchangeable parts but in reality there's not.

I am pretty sure the wheels, discs and pads are the same as are the brake lines and components.

Rear shock on the BB has different mounts so the swingarms on the bikes are different.

The frames are different, tanks and body parts different too.

I would imagine engine service parts to be the same, ie airfilters, plugs, oil filters ect.

The front forks on the BB have different mountings too so an x11 mudgaurd won't fit a BB and vice versa but the fork internals could be identical.

The only other thing i can think of is the rear subframe, that could be the same as x11 aswell, oh and the rear light on the early (carbed) BB looks the same as the standard x11 rear light lens (The later F.I Birds having a larger lamp).

Can't think of any more though.

You would think there would be a lot of interchangeable parts but in reality there's not.

I am pretty sure the wheels, discs and pads are the same as are the brake lines and components.

Rear shock on the BB has different mounts so the swingarms on the bikes are different.

I would imagine engine service parts to be the same, ie airfilters, plugs, oil filters ect.

The front forks on the BB have different mountings too so an x11 mudgaurd won't fit a BB and vice versa but the fork internals could be identical.

The only other thing i can think of is the rear subframe, that could be the same as x11 aswell, oh and the rear light on the early (carbed) BB looks the same as the standard x11 rear light lens (The later F.I Birds having a larger lamp).

I bought a set of spare wheels and discs, the front is from a carbed blackbird which fits fine but I was told by Jaws Blackbird the injection model is a slightly different width( where the discs bolt on) so won't fit without a mod , only other bit I have is the blackbird centre stand which fits straight on.

Regards,

Fatman

Thats strange I have an injected BB front as a spare and it fits perfectly even the wheel bearings are the same code as ours, be carefull with the bearings for the carb`d BB as they are a different size and code make sure you get the bearings that are ment for it.

The rear subframe is different as is the rear mudguard, the yokes are the same as the X so are the forks, calipers and mounts, already did that research when my forks needed new sliders.

The front mudguard will fit seen it done, the oil cooler off an injected blackbird is a straight swap as it has the same mounts but carb`d ones have different mounts the radiator will fit but might need some minor work.

The swingarm as said will not fit nor will the rear shock, the tank will fit but it needs a little modifying not sure about the seat but don`t think it will.

that's interesting about the shock, as I read that both the BB and the X11 have 120mm travel for the swingarm? or something like that anyway. So is the shock actually the same, but the mounting points are different? Weird...

Is it also true (I've read somewhere) that putting on BB donwpipes will liberate some more bhp?

I think that down pipe no.3 caughts on rad. I sure I read on one of the answers to question about exhaust parts BRY

No the shock will not fit it is different. the X shock has an eye at both ends and the BB has an eye at one end and a fork at the other, the BB has suspension linkage on the swingarm the X is direct bolt on.

There is a slight issue with no 3 pipe being routed differently but you can adapt the rad mount to suit

BB downpipes are about 1mm larger diameter, so more flow is possible. I did this mod (aftermaarket BB exhaust system) and had to make a little bracket around nr 3. Wasn't too difficult and i like the idea that it breathes better. I'm sure I gained at least 20BHP with it, too. :P

OK, not sure any dif, but I like the idea of it.

I bought a set of spare wheels and discs, the front is from a carbed blackbird which fits fine but I was told by Jaws Blackbird the injection model is a slightly different width( where the discs bolt on) so won't fit without a mod , only other bit I have is the blackbird centre stand which fits straight on.

Regards,

Fatman

So just asking the question will a front brake disc of a carbed Blackbird definitly fit on to my X11's front wheel? If it does it could save me a fortune!!

Edited by MOB993

I was checking EBC brake disks from StormMotor Finland, part # matches between X-11 and newer BB, carbed have a different part#

It might be also that they dont have 100% correct info on their website.

Best thing might be that you ask part # from dealer. 

Have a Carbed Blackbird front brake disc will be trying it on tomorrow for size. Will let everyone know what happens!!

Ones for an injected bike will fit, or you can do as I did and just buy some Chinese ones off Ebay, with pretty slots in them, they seem to be fine (and they've been used hard already!). Just get the ones for a late model BB, not an early (i.e. carb) one.

Mind you, I don't have to brake in the wet very often out here...   :) , so no feedback on that score, in the dry they're fine.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Set-Front-Rear-Brake-Discs-for-Honda-CBR1100-XX-SUPER-BLACKBIRD-1999-2007-Gold-/171053633815?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts_13&hash=item27d3975117

kr  D.

Tried them for size and it wont fit. So ordered a set of EBC wave discs for the front. €340 but they should do the job for quite some time.

Hi there, 

I am unsure if this is the correct place for this post, so please excuse me if it isn't.

I need to replace my front wheel. Would anyone know of a second hand, in good condition front wheel that they would like to sell.

Thanks

Hi Karl,

try that bay site If no one here can help. Did you bend it in a crash? Are you injured?

Anyone know if standard cans (and link) from a 2001 Bird will fit my X11?

I see the downpipe is larger on the Bird but outlet?

Anyone know if standard cans (and link) from a 2001 Bird will fit my X11?

I see the downpipe is larger on the Bird but outlet?

Very interested to know too !