Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest phpbiker

How Easy Is It To Clock an X11?

5 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

I am looking for a good X-11. With these digital clocks, how easy is it to wind back the mileage without changing the clocks?

I don't want to do it, I was just wondering if it can happen on these types of clock, and if anyone has heard of anyone doing it to deceive guys like me :-

I suppose you can change the clocks, but I don't suppose anyone would plumb for new ones and these are pretty rare machines AFAIK?

Edited by phpbiker

I`ve never heard of it but suppose there are some scumbags out there.

A mate of mine did it on an Aprilla Millie factory when his altenator and reg/rec died but that was a fault with the speedo because every time he reset the trip the odometer would reset too he ended up having to get new clocks as all the functions died one by one

Just look at the condition of the bike, worn footpegs, grips, paintwork etc. Anything that a rider would touch when riding the bike.

You can check old mot's online too on the dvla website... that may give you an idea of true mileage.

X11 owners in general do not seem to be of that ilk, but as mentioned there is always the exeption, but because most have relatively low mileages for their year it makes it less probable, second hand clocks are like rocking horse s**t and god only knows what honda would charge for a new set so the chances of replacment are most likely down to failure rather than damage and there are no threads on here relating to problems with clocks. Best bet as Eddy has pointed out is to match the MoT mileages with the speedo, it would be obvious if a bike had done no or a negative mileage between MoTs, and an explanation would be required.Also if the afformentioned items footpegs and so forth look too good to be true there is a possibility of damaged parts that have been replaced following a prang, if so can the seller show reciepts to back up the work done.plenty will have been dropped at some time or another (mine included) resulting in scuffed end cans, rad shrouds, bar ends, levers, an honest seller should admit this and it is seldom terminal damage. Stay away from anything with frame rail damage, plastics are also expensive and rare, tanks can be fixed but they should have the X11 logo on them not a generic Honda transfer.

Would you beleive it there a set of clocks on flea bay and their are showing the mileage so I would think it is impossible to clock or their would have done them