Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Smudge

Chrome rad guard cover query

11 posts in this topic

Anyone seen one of these before? No wise cracks, I know it's an X11, I meant the chrome rad cover? It's on a bike for sale on a well known auction site.

S

635_thumbattach

try the same website - item number 110305452566 - euro exchange rate is poor at the moment - I paid ?80 for mine

See similar on bandit's and the like. Looks like you have to remove the shrouds to fit this so i don't like it tbh.

Those shrouds help downforce and stability and also give the x11 it's distinctive look. I made my own rad & oil cooler gaurds, cost a hell of a lot less than ?80 or so and does the job as equal.;D

Aye you can go to B&Q buy some nice ally mesh and make something to protect your grill for under ?20. See Gallery. Personally i think it makes the X11 look like a faired bike with its plastics removed when you run without the rad shrouds fitted, but each to his own,no disrespect meant.

My x11 had a set of mike's grilles on.

I paid ?44 all in 2 year ago. Looks good, but like said before, it's only metal mesh and a plastic trimmer held on with cable ties. These allow you to keep the shroud on. I like the chrome one though.

I paid ?44 all in 2 year ago. Looks good, but like said before, it's only metal mesh and a plastic trimmer held on with cable ties. These allow you to keep the shroud on. I like the chrome one though.

http://www.mikesgrilles.com/

I think you will find the one pictured is made by powerbronze,and is pressed out metal chromed and not a mesh type like mikes grills.

Hi Catsx11. Have you got any pictures of the grill? I'd like to put one on my x11. Cheers, Brake-for-moose.

Edited by Brake-for-moose

Almost sure its from Germany,see the Team Metisse website, they are stainless steel and will only fit without the original plastic shrouds. I have one fitted under my shrouds but had to remove about 30mm from each side of the grill, but they're a bit expensive to buy new and then cut up.

Almost sure its from Germany,see the Team Metisse website, they are stainless steel and will only fit without the original plastic shrouds. I have one fitted under my shrouds but had to remove about 30mm from each side of the grill, but they're a bit expensive to buy new and then cut up.

http://www.team-meti....php?id=114&L=1#

31ho04_A1_001.jpg