Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Maintenanceman

Right sparkplugs? Platinium or Iridium?

6 posts in this topic

Time to change plugs.

Only thing is that, in service info that Finish importer gives, right plugs are NGK CR8EHVX-9, these are Platinium`s

In NGK info, they are listing option plugs, CR8EHIX-9 and these are Iridium plugs.

So, which is better? Standard Platinium or Iridium?

And then, that number what indicates "heat range", BB plugs are 9`s, is there any reason why i cant use them, we have one set that i could use for free :rolleyes: And these are Iridium`s

CR9EHIX-9

Edited by Maintenanceman

Use them , it shouldnt be a big diference , check out this chart. 9 is for slightly cooler.

http://www.ngk.com/glossaryImage.asp?imgID=721

Edited by x11r

I have used both with no real difference, currently have iridium as they were cheaper to buy at the time.All those claims about better performance and better fuel economy BULLS**t.

I have Iridium plugs and also found no difference, maybe they last longer than standard plugs

My fuel economy depends of my throttle hand, nothing to do with plugs :P

Will put those "9" iridiums, on many bikes service infos, there is option for hard driving, for example

normal driving "grade8" and for harder driving "grade9". And sometimes for cold weather "grade7"

I have NGK Iridium CR8EHIX-9 in mine.

According to the Haynes Blackbird manual, for FI bikes they need changing at 32,000 miles and checking at 16,000.

I got my bike when it had covered 7.5k so when i serviced it, i changed the plugs aswell not knowing they lasted so long! :rolleyes: