Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest SPOOKY

C&S

10 posts in this topic

Just changed the C&S do i use thread lock on the back sprocket nuts or not and thanks mark for the tip on taking the rear footpeg plate off much easier nice one. :)

No probs Kev, glad it helped. ;)

As for the threadlock, i allways put some on the rear sprocket nuts and the front one's too.

USE THREADLOCK, and plenty of it !!!

Check the last picture in my X12 gallery, this is me and my 2 brothers fixing a bike that lost ALL the sprocket nuts while we were out last Saturday. We were lucky to have a couple of nuts and bolts under the seat, that we could use to get him home. But it made a mess of his swingarm and wheel.

I also use it on the calliper bolts, fork yoke pinch bolts & fork leg pinch bolts, both sprocket nuts and exhaust link pipe to collector pipe brackets.

Stuff i'm using at the mo is Loctite Lock N Seal blue. :)

I also use it on the calliper bolts, fork yoke pinch bolts & fork leg pinch bolts, both sprocket nuts and exhaust link pipe to collector pipe brackets.

Stuff i'm using at the mo is Loctite Lock N Seal blue. :)

Thanks guys.

Forgot to mention, i also use it everytime i take the brake discs off. Put a bit on the disc bolts. ;)

Hey Mark be careful with the disk bolts they are ment for a one time use only as I discovered when putting my wheels back together after powder coat :( got new ones when I changed the disks next time around

Have to buy some new one's then. I must have took mine off half a dozen times! :laugh:

Stuff i'm using at the mo is Loctite Lock N Seal blue. smile.gif

Dude do you have weak wrists thenneener.gif

No, i just like things to be tight & secure! ;)

If anything i allways OVER tighten stuff! :rolleyes: :laugh: