Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kenko

Delkevic silencers

37 posts in this topic

I've seen these Delkevic silencers on fleabay, does anyone know anything about them also the same people are selling downpipes for a Blackbird and I'm wondering would they fit the X11?

blackbird block is same as X11, the pipes are a different internal diameter iam advised but same geometry, that is one of the differences between the bikes, think Bloke Gizmow put them on his X11, he has been AWOL for a while, drop him an e-mail or PM him to ask for an opinion. My Akra was off a Bird, fits X11 well, so looking at blackbird is not a bad thing.

I've heard that slackbird downpipes may foul your radiator a bit.... you just have to extend the prop a bit is all.

Most aftermarket cans sound the bollox on an x11.... just make sure there's no "not for road use" stamped on 'em or other such foolery.

thats true i had to remake the rad bracket for mine, no major hardship it is an L shaped piece of metal, pick some angle section ally, 2mm thick or so, prob about 12' long will be enough.Some guys prefare the symetry of retaining twin pipes on the x11, but performance wise it doesnt make a massive difference. The original Honda pipes weigh about as much as a baby elephant.

So what are the most cost-effective replacement exhausts then guys?

I had a Yoshimura on my Blade. The last non-standard exhaust I bought prior to that was an Alfa 4-1 for my GS1000 back in 1984! I always figured that Dr Honda didn't spend thousands developing a bike to put the wrong exhaust on it!

Leave the downpipes alone and just get a pair of cans... any that you fancy really.

would agree with you regarding Hondas research and development, my end can was damaged in a RTA, the otherside was scuffed when i got the bike, it was cheaper to buy the full system 2nd hand than 2 new end cans from Honda. Micron Quill Yoshi Blue Flame all make end cans for the X11, think if i remember rightly Fuel were cheapest available new. Make sure you keep hold of your original cans, nearly all the ones you see advertised for sale are damaged (low speed drops), the can takes the brunt of a drop and "saves" most of the other bits.

Hi ken, i have some delkevic stubby's on my x11. Sound great, fully road legal and easy to fit. Look quite smart too.B)

Hi ken, i have some delkevic stubby's on my x11. Sound great, fully road legal and easy to fit. Look quite smart too.B)

Any affects to the performance?

The throttle feels a bit sharper and it's a bit gruntier bottom end but no massive power gains. Full system is the way to go for that. I fitted mine mainly for looks.

Delkevic is DK motorcycles - enough said.

Pete

"Enough said" Is that good or bad then chap?

got me wondering too, been in their showroom, massive amount of bikes of all types,always seem a bit pricey but got talking to a guy in there and he explained that they are all tagged high but are open to negotiation on price. Usually have some tidy examples on sale. They also have a breakers business for 2nd hand parts. Located on the north side of Newcastle (staffs).

Bought my Yamaha Warrior new from DK,they were reluctant to do any recall work on it, would not buy another bike from them.

fair go, don't need dealers like that do we.

Aye, I've heard bad reports about that firm too... they take your money quick and that's all.

A fellow I know bought a TL1000 from them and couldn't get any warranty work done at all.

Nearly every dealer (car and bike) are like this in my experience. I've worked at a few car dealerships and can tell you some horror stories when it comes to servicing customers cars!!.:rolleyes:

Ken, the delkevic cans are made to a budget and for the money are really good value. Think mine were ?200 that's with p&p and only took 3days to arrive.:)

After reading loads of negatives about them on their aftersales service - plus parts not fitting, I wouldn't touch them. Having said that, if someone you can rely on says a part fits, then go for it. I have been in their showroom twice - pricey and used bikes a bit tatty. The mags use them as they seem keen to lend bikes. Do a trawl on the net about them - better to be informed.

Pete

I also bought stubby delcovic exhausts, seem good quality, no complaints, would recommend them

i bought the delkevic BB headers and stubby cans online.. got it shipped here to Singapore so no VAT..

fit was ok.. but the part extra bit on the link pipes didn't meet the mainstand, missed by 2 inches, i had to find a workaround..

its abit loud even with baffles on tho but probably due to the shorter cans..

w/o the baffles its really loud that i need earplugs.. much louder than my Remus carbon race cans.. sound wise i still prefer the Remus with the low rumble..

not much diff on power.. but its good value and looks not bad..

support wise from delkevic, i lost one of the baffles, the guy shipped me new baffles free of charge.. but took them 3 months to ship..

Edited by philiplolc

Hi Phil.

Seems a daft question but you did make sure the left link pipe was the right way round? ie, flared end fits to collector.:confused: Only asking as i very nearly made the same mistake fitting mine:doh:

I've bought some. Will fit over Xmas hopefully and report on them. Only ?160 posted..cant be bad!

That's a good price, think mine were nearly ?200 with postage. I've only had mine on for a few months so their's been no built quality issues yet and they seem fine. Going to be riding over winter a bit so we'll see how the finish fares up.:)

That's a good price, think mine were nearly ?200 with postage. I've only had mine on for a few months so their's been no built quality issues yet and they seem fine. Going to be riding over winter a bit so we'll see how the finish fares up.:)

Keep us up to date with them if you find them good might get some myself.;D

Keep us up to date with them if you find them good might get some myself.;D

Aye, no worries.;)