Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kenko

Delkevic silencers

37 posts in this topic

Fitted them tonight. Dont look too bad and they actually sound pretty good with the baffles still in. Need an MOT so wont bother taking them out till after that.

Q. I have noticed that the off side can gets pretty hot to touch on tickover, but the near side is still quite cool. What could be the possibles??

Cheers!

Fitted them tonight. Dont look too bad and they actually sound pretty good with the baffles still in. Need an MOT so wont bother taking them out till after that.

Q. I have noticed that the off side can gets pretty hot to touch on tickover, but the near side is still quite cool. What could be the possibles??

Cheers!

Leave the baffles in, does'nt make much difference to the noise and no effect whatsoever to performance.....to a copper it could be an easy 3points for you though!!:doh:

Different temperatures on the cans??:confused:....Never came across this. I'll fire mine up tommorow and see if mine do it.:)

No points for cans - thankfully.

Pete

it`s only a guess but the off side can has a more direct route for the exhaust gasses.

Yes...the bike mechanic suggested this as a possible reason. He said it all 'sounded' even side to side. I dont think its owt to worry about, but initially thought there may be some sort of imbalance in the throttle bodies for example.

I've seen these Delkevic silencers on fleabay, does anyone know anything about them also the same people are selling downpipes for a Blackbird and I'm wondering would they fit the X11?

Got them (tail pipes)and they fit ok sound ok and look ok if you want a photo pm me

regards paul

Got them (tail pipes)and they fit ok sound ok and look ok if you want a photo pm me

regards paul

Got some in my album:)

Yes...the bike mechanic suggested this as a possible reason. He said it all 'sounded' even side to side. I dont think its owt to worry about, but initially thought there may be some sort of imbalance in the throttle bodies for example.

At my work, i use sometimes infrared thermometer to compare the downpipe temps, that tells you if there is something "wrong" in some cylinder, works well and tells accurate temp of the surface that you are measuring. That allso tells you that if there is one bad plug that missfires sometimes, or just one is not working well.

You can point that badly working cylinder easily.

I bought Delkevic headers for a pan euro, they were a very difficult fit although looked well made.

Got my Delkevic header this week, well... either the job quality is bad or the post office has raped my parcel, it was little bit flat and the outlet pipes are not round anymore... Will be possible to make them round but i was expecting to NOT to do anything before installing. Allso that O2 sensor connection would be nice, dont need it thou because i have that PowerCommander and lambda killer for that. I was going to install air/fuel ratio meter, will see if i had it added afterwards.

From the photos you dont see the damage so well, it is worse than it looks like.

25032009468.jpg

25032009469.jpg

25032009470.jpg

Edited by Maintenanceman
Added photos

Just fitted a set of these tp mine - stubbies -

Hi Phil.

Seems a daft question but you did make sure the left link pipe was the right way round? ie, flared end fits to collector.:confused: Only asking as i very nearly made the same mistake fitting mine:doh:

Hi Raeman, sorry for the really late reply, haven't been here in.. what? 4 mths? :D

Actually, i don't know, but if i remember right it shouldn't fit if put the other way around.. lemme go check tomorrow.. i'll take some pics and upload it here.