Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kenko

Tickover

10 posts in this topic

What should the tickover be?

you want your tickover to be around 1500, not any more. hope this helps, ride safe.

Approx 1100rpm... adjuster knob under tank at rear left hand side, hidden a bit so look in through the gap between the tank and frame rail.

Thanks for the info,mines around 1200rpm

book recommends 1000 rpm +/- 100rpm, mine ticks at about 900-950, for ease of slamming 1st gear home. 1200 is a bit high. It can be adjusted by peeping between the bottom of the tank and the nearside frame rail. You will see a yellow "wheel" winding the wheel out (towards you) should drop teh fast idle speed. It can be managed with a long screwdriver or if you have womens fingers you won't need the screwdriver. Be careful to do it when the motor is fully warmed, otherwise you might overcorrect and it won't tickover.:)

picture of idle screw attached

book recommends 1000 rpm +/- 100rpm, mine ticks at about 900-950, for ease of slamming 1st gear home. 1200 is a bit high. It can be adjusted by peeping between the bottom of the tank and the nearside frame rail. You will see a yellow "wheel" winding the wheel out (towards you) should drop teh fast idle speed. It can be managed with a long screwdriver or if you have womens fingers you won't need the screwdriver. Be careful to do it when the motor is fully warmed, otherwise you might overcorrect and it won't tickover.:)

post-331-12539044425_thumb.jpg

Edited by sthomson1

I will revise my post, since having bike custom mapped the tuner reset the tickover at 1200rpm and it seems quite happy, aftermarket bits have affected running.

Good info. Mine is at abotu 1200, too. Seems a bit high sometimes, though, like it's revving too much. I'll tinker and take it a bit lower and see what happens.

Mine's set bang on 1050rpm. Bike seems to be happy at that.