Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest ketansawant

Frame Sliders / Crash Bungs

12 posts in this topic

After searching for nearly an hour on the forum I could not find the answer, so apologies if I am repeating this question.

I was wanting to put some Frame Sliders / Crash Bungs on my X11

Has any one put a pair on their bike, where do they go, do I have to make a lot of modifications or is as simple as to buy and screw them on.

If you have them on your bike are you able to put up a picture for me please, so that I know exactly where I need to put them.

Better safe than sorry.

Thank you all for your help.

Hi Ketan. Have a look at Andrew's gallery (check in the Member section under Andrew). He has some good ones and they screw right on one of the boltsthat holds the side engine cover in place.

I asked him and he said they were on the bike when he got it but referred me to the M&P website. I had a look and there are loads there. I believe any will basically fit that have the correct thread size.

Hope that helps. I'm adding some in the spring, too.

Hi Ketan. Have a look at Andrew's gallery (check in the Member section under Andrew). He has some good ones and they screw right on one of the boltsthat holds the side engine cover in place.

I asked him and he said they were on the bike when he got it but referred me to the M&P website. I had a look and there are loads there. I believe any will basically fit that have the correct thread size.

I fitted my sliders a few years back. Only took about 10 minutes, with no modification required. Thankfully, they've never been put to the test!

These are from jaws, small but neat.

post-10-125969866624_thumb.jpg

post-10-12596986869_thumb.jpg

Edited by wayne

I like those, Wayne. Which brand are they?

Don't know James, think there Jawes Motorcycles own brand made by them for the Blackbird.

Was checking out their site & found them.

Thanks mate exactly the info that I required, I suspected they would be put in the place that Andy has them on but wanted to make sure, will buy the crash bungs today and put them on tonight. Appreciate your help.

I fitted my sliders a few years back. Only took about 10 minutes, with no modification required. Thankfully, they've never been put to the test!

Thanks mate, will buy the crash bungs today and put them on tonight. Appreciate your help, as you rightly said don't intended putting them to test but better safe than sorry.

Don't know James, think there Jawes Motorcycles own brand made by them for the Blackbird.

Was checking out their site & found them.

Thank you for your help...

I have some questions about it too.

I plane to equip bike with some crash protection, but didn't resolve yet what exactly to prefer.

1. First way - simple crash bungs only. I suppose that bungs save plastic at radiator only, but not steel engine cap, aren't they?

2. Arcs (see photo at http://www.motopodar...p?product=970). Do they protect engine cap only at fall?

3. Combine it: crash bungs + Arcs. They have the same installation place - one of the boltsthat holds. Is it possible to set it together - bung above arc?

Additionally - Also I've read somewhere about little crash bungs for back floating lever (can't find a picture right now). Does anybody use it and what does it help to avoid?

One more thing - silencers. Are they scratched anyway at all protection kinds?

I drive carefully on free roads, avoid of jams and hard traffic, so general danger for me are falls at garage and at low speed. So please share your views or maybe You have a skill of its use. I'll be glad to photos ;-)

Thankful in advance =)

Edited by OptiMystik

PS I supose this topic is necessary to move to Accessories & Tuning section =)

Edited by OptiMystik

I liked the engine bars I had on mine. Removed them last week after an off.

3454674555_b90fdbeb08_b.jpg