Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest mcfly998

Underside of cam cover - breather separator plate - gasket anyone?

8 posts in this topic

Hi guy's

I've taken the cam cover off and I'm going to have it powdercoated along with the frame and swingarm. On the underside of the cam cover there is a "breather separator plate" which is fixed by about 5 bolts - see attached. Under this plate is a gasket. I've stripped the cover down for powdercoating and I'm going to need a new gasket for this plate.

However, the plate and gasket don't appear to be in the microfiche, anyone know where I can find the part number? I'll try my local bike shop tomorrow, but I think he just has the same microfiche file.

Cheers

Mart

post-544-125875765434_thumb.jpg

They possiblly do it in one of the gasket kits A or B. However, it could be that you need to buy a new cam cover in order to get the gasket!

As posted, corn flakes box is looking favourite... you could get some of the "crunchy nut" variety and treat yourself?

You are indeed correct guy's.

If you want this gasket you have to buy a complete new cam cover.... the phrase "complete bunch of arse" comes to mind.

On reflection though, I think I'll have to go with Frosties for my gasket of choice, after all "They're great", and I'll get a kick out of having Tony in the engine.

Can anyone else think of a better breakfast cereal character to go into the big X?

Aye, it's just a fuggin piss take... indicative of our "throw away" society.

Like on my LDV Convoy van... I had a small copper pipe corrode on the power steering pump. Only a small pipe about 6" long, could you buy a new one? Could you fu*k! That'll be 500 quid please for a complete pump assy!

Got my tractor place to braize one onto the existing fittings and it cost me a tenner.... bloody comedians.

On the gasket choice...I'm still sticking with the crunchy nut cornaflakes myself. :)

Seeing as it's a muscle bike, I'd go with 3 shreddies! :D

Or you could buy some gasket paper for about £5 a roll. :D

Porridge oats proven to low colestrol, keep it lean & mean.

Saw an ad on telly of a guy who won a horse race running on his feet after his horse got hurt and they claimed it was becasue of Weetabix. SIf it can make a man run that fast, what can it do for a bike!?