Guest matt25011774

blackbird????

8 posts in this topic

are all parts interchangeable with a blackbirds engine?,i.e casings and covers?and lets say a tank bag cover will a black bird tank cover fit a x11?

Mat the X tank is completely diferent to the bb :mad:

Matt, as far as i'm aware, the engine casings left (generator cover) and right (clutch cover) are the same as the bird. Although, you'd be wise to ring a honda dealer and ask a mechanic or parts droid. The x11 shares very few parts with the bird.;)

:confused:one of the reasons i bought my x11 was because i`d tested a couple of blackbirds & was amazed by the smoothness of the engine, 1 having covered over 35k but still felt box fresh. how pleased was i to discover those wise chaps @ honda deciding to remove 1 of the balancer shafts to give the x11 a `raw feel`, in keeping with the naked image. is it possible to swap a blackbird engine with the x11? i`m not going to do it, just curious. the more i ride my x, the more i like her. the bike, not my ex wife, who left me for a fellow accountant, imagine what that did for my self esteme!:eek:

In theory its possible, but the bottom engine casings would need to be swapped off the x11 to the bird engine to make it fit, as the engine mount points differ from the x to the bird. Would be nice to have that 6th gear tho.

How about a bird top half with an X11 box on the bottom, end of the day most things are possible but can't help but think it would rob the X11 of what it is. Could have been worse mate, could have left you for an estate agent, but then you might have the last laugh cos they will all be out of business soon.:BangHead:

:doh:what got me was my ex is an accountant, her brother`s a solicitor, i was only a butcher, so you can imagine how i ended up after the divorce, lucky to have kept all my limbs & both of my testicles! but that was then, now i have a wonderful wife & a fantastic bike. life is once again sweet, apart from the mortgage, council tax, bills, having to work, the weather, no ?, butt holes in cars, greying & thinning hair, expanding waistline, various aches & pains, 17 year old selfish stepdaughter & fussy eater cats, life really is sweet.:eek:cheers buddy, jim.

hey jim, cheered me up no end, good to know there is an up side :D