Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest matt25011774

sub frame raisers

3 posts in this topic

do these make a great difference in appearance?will they affect the handling?i.e make the front dive on bends?are they easy to fit for a novice like myself,(the hardest thing i have done is stripped the petrol tank off the bike)

they are purely for looks, they do not to my knowledge affect handling, because the seat is at a different angle the rider is pushed slightly forward with a bit more weight on the wrists. This is not a major problem but it feels a little different at first because your nuts are in contact with the tank,It feels like you are more on top of the bike, in a forward lean,bit motocross like. They are not difficult to fit, although it is helpful to know that one spacer will be longer than the other, so don't mix them up.

Yep, as the good man just stated..does feel a bit strange at first but i got used to having weight on the wrists owning a cbr1000f for 5yrs so i'm fine with mine. The spacers are unequal lenghts as i found out fitting mine...i put the shorter of the two on the right hand (disc) side....Is this correct x11r?? fitment was perfect and takes only 10mins to fit.Also makes the x11 look very sexy....well mine does anyway!!B)