Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest chippy

MPG

9 posts in this topic

Can any body advise me on fuel consuption, :huh: cos i am planning a trip 2 visit some freinds in france at easter

fill up your tank set the trip meter and go on a ride because everyone rides different

There are some posts on the old forum relating to this subject. It is a very individual thing, somedays you can go out and the red mist comes down and fuel seems to evaporate in the tank, other days the captain sensible helmet comes out. Look on hte old forum and have a run yourself. It is a 22 litre tank, cost me ?16 to fill a fortnight ago due to the scaremongers with contaminated petrol. One way to do it would be to fill up as soon as your fuel light comes on, your receipt should give you your volume to full tank and use your trip/odometer from full until the fuel light comes on again. I think the tank still holds 4 litres when the fuel light illuminates but this would be better confirmed from another source, so you shouldn't run it dry.

Touring in France rider only with luggage 43-45 mpg.

Wayne.

When im on my lessons (I have to keep to speed limits give a little :angel: with revs quite high say 2nd and 3rd gear) I get 8 miles to the litre

Tried mine over the weekend on a motorway trip and got 150 miles before the fuel light came on, that was averaging 80-90 mph. It was still running at 165 miles when i refuelled.

yer i,ve been on my trip, and found with pillion and luggage that at around 85 mph i was averging 165mpg before the fuel llight came on. thanks to all for your thoughts and feed back chippy, :D

yer i' date='ve been on my trip, and found with pillion and luggage that at around 85 mph i was averging 165mpg before the fuel llight came on. thanks to all for your thoughts and feed back chippy, :D

[/quote']

I assume you mean 165 miles per tankfull ;D else please do share how you get 165mpg from the X11,

Best so far with mine is 160 before the light came on, not the cleverest thing to do on the A9 north of Golspie, I'm sure I heard the tank creak as the fumes got sucked out just as I limped into the garage before Wick, think I may refuel at around 150 or nearest from now on.

yes you are quite right bryonx it is per tank, at the fightening speed my single digit typing goes my brain went into melt down or wasit my finger?. Any way the roads i was travleing on was reasonably flat and straightish.At home i would agree with you and refuel at around 150.