Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest raeman

Main fuel supply sealing washers...

11 posts in this topic

Hi all, just been doing some work on the bike, took the fuel tank off and now i have a small fuel leak at the brass banjo union where it bolts to the fuel rail..

Does anyone know where to buy the these washers?, as mine are obviously worn and don't seal anymore.

2 of, sealing washers...Would B&Q or a plumbers merchants do or would they be a main dealer part?

Cheers guys. ;)

Hi Mark. You may find something exactly the same at B&Q but I'd go with the dealer items. They're only a few p and I always replace them when I take anything fuel off. They're made to a specific thickness and compress, so once compressed they don't bounce back.

Hmm, yeah i was thinking about B&Q or similar as i can just go with one, size it up and buy a few tommorow.

If i have to order them, it means waiting and i want the bike for weekend.

Funny, i've had the tank off a few times and never had any leak, maybe the washers have just finally crushed too much. Ah well. :lol:

They look like the typical nasty alloy ones... get a mixed bag of copper ones and swap 'em out.

A few pence from your local nut n bolt shop.

Well, they're really just aluminum, so they will probably work. They're cheap and a general size, so why not try it and see? Worst case, they leak still and you need to go to the dealer. The dealers usually have them in stock, as it's a standard size but B&Q, etc. will be cheaper and easier to get to, probably. let me know if they are the same and work, then I'll get a bunch from there, too. :)

Mark ,there must be a hydraulic/pneumatic hose repair centre near you, they would have some.

I just popped to local hydraulic place, took an old washer and asked for a few new ones the same size think it cost me 50p for 10 made of copper lol

That's a good thought. I'd trust that more than B&Q or similar. I'll give that a go - and have plenty of extras for that price!

Well i went to B&Q today and they had nothing like it, then went to a hardware place i know in Wigan, no luck there either...

Went back home and fiddled about with it, in the end i put the washer from the back of the banjo to the front nearest the brass nut....Still leaked, so turned the washers around the other way and success, no leaks! :D

Sorted, cheers fellas. ;)

May be worth investing in the correct part just in case....90428-PD6-003....Couple of quid each...Steve

May be worth investing in the correct part just in case....90428-PD6-003....Couple of quid each...Steve

Cheers Steve! ;)