Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest standish honda

Early Warning, Whats that noise

6 posts in this topic

Last time out i noticed a wierd noise when accelerating, i havent been out for over two weeks now and decided yesterday to investigate. I bought my bike from an independant dealer in December, i suspected the previous owner had aftermarket pipes on it prior to selling up because the middle fixing nuts were missing. I discovered the noise was in fact the lower run on the drive chain, it was being dragged along the centre stand. The reason for this was because the near side end can did not have a rest fitted to it for the centre stand. This was possibly missed when the OE pipes were refitted. It can easily be replaced with an M8 bolt and nut through the bracket on the end can.It has probably shortened my chain life by half an hour but iam glad i found it. Warning if you buy an X11 and it has OE silencers check the centre stand rest is fitted, or you too might think you are hearing things.

Or an OE Kawasaki ZX9R tank mounting rubber fits straight in the hole.... and is a better cushioned fit than the Honda item. No more stand clunk when you rock it off the main stand... which can bend the fooker btw!!!

OK, I'll get my coat...

hmmm, why didnt i think of that one, i can see why they made you the boss Eddy.Either way it was almost a costly repair.

What, you didn't happen to have one just lying around the shed then?

Must only be me that had one then.... but if you have to buy one (instead of using the preferred Heath Robinson approach) get one for a B model ZX9R.

What colour is your anorak ? is it an old lime green one by any chance. I was tempted to nick one of the rubber feet of er indoors washing machine but i have only just got over the last beating.

What colour is your anorak ? is it an old lime green one by any chance. I was tempted to nick one of the rubber feet of er indoors washing machine but i have only just got over the last beating.

Oh no I've got a few of 'em all colours...

I nicked the output hose from her indoors' clothes dryer to make a "ram-air" system for my van! She wasn't impressed when it filled the kitchen with damp air... but hey, needs must!