Guest djs

Where to start...?

12 posts in this topic

1. Throttle seems 'lumpy' after the lay off, could be piss poor throttle control from the recovering invalid, but in 1st and 2nd under 3000rpm it's all a bit lurch, lump, lurch.

I have drained the tank and re-filled with redex and moton lotion, not cured it though.

2. Seem to have picked up a bit of a whine in 1st, most noticeable when easing off the throttle then opening it up sharpish.

Discuss.

Take it for a good run.... if it doesn't cure it, change the plugs...

Cheers Eddy, changed the plugs after a 150miler didn't cure it.

Lots better now.

Took a while, and had to have a lie down afterwards. And a kit kat. And a lie down after that. I know somewhere on here there is a thread on fitting grips, but I can't find it, I have been given a pair of renthals and have been given 23 different ways of removing the old ones and fitting the new ones, as you lot haven't let me down, what's the best way of getting the old ones off and new on? Please factor in rest breaks, incompetence and kit kats.

Hey daz how u doing?;) Grips...i changed mine and found the best way was just to roll them back and keep pulling like hell and twisting em.Took a while but they came in the end. The easiest way is just to split them with a stanley knife,but i wanted to keep mine intact.

Putting new ones on, i got a very small amount of washing liquid and smeared the inside of them and slid em on.When they are on and in position,just keep turning them until the washing liquid starts wearing off,you can tell because it gets harder to turn them. I then left mine overnight and next day they were fine and very tight. As for kit-kats,i eat toooooo many of em and countless cuppas like;D

Good luck m8.

Hi raeman, doing ok mate, they can f%CK me as hard as they want, they'll never get me pregnant!

Thanks for the advice, if the weather holds tomorrow I'll give it a go, although after my plug changing/ride out the other day Helen has made me swear I won't over do things. Given that I'm basically idle it's a fine line between rest and bed sores!

:doh:Dave,

i reckon your problems all stem from the fact that your woman rode the thing, she wheelied it and tipped all the crud in the bottom of the petrol tank into the fuel pump and blocked the filter. Now your once obedient mount is feeling miffed at the thought of being ridden like a wild mustang agin.Slap her arse and tell her not to be so soft, Check your hoil as well, as for the wine, that just sounds like submissive behaviour or possibly a badly adjusted balancer shaft, sloppy chain (Honda sprocket fitted on gearbox)? non OE ones produce a wine noise, (WCS a dry bearing) .If this selfish behaviour is present in all gears i would get them throttle bodies balanced as throttle bodies are the new black (flavour of the month) and they are responsible for all manner of evil, failing that get someone to run along side you and tell them to listen hard for the source of the noise, and report accurately then there is more information to break down.

Hairspray works well for fitting grips , lets them slide on nicely then sicks like hell.

jeez mate, did you not see the profile photo, he doesn't look like the sort of bloke that would use hairspray, he was sat on top of an armoured vehicle pointing a f**k off big gun. casting aspertions like that may well do your life expectancy about as much good as calling yourself Osama and moving to a big cave in Afganistan with a massive neon arrowpointing to it.

Still i supose if hairspray works then it's a result. It's one of those things like who was the first person to discover you could drink cows milk, and what the hell were they doing to find that out.

Standish your a menkalist. My type of menkalist though! Took the bike to a local supermarket car park, rode around like a looney and had the whine confirmed as being sproket related, so why didn't I hear it before? Never mind.

I thought about some carb/shaft related nonsense, and as you pointed out all the pretty people are doing it, but I'm not pretty, and it doesn't feel like it needs it.

As for hairspray, my nan used stuff that turned her hair into a huge crash hat, no naked flames within 200feet!

Getting fitter though (as an aside) ran 10K in 56minutes today. Next time I take the bike.

Thanks for your help Gents, appreciated.

running 10k what is the matter with you man, i know fuel is expensive but that strikes me as just plain silly, they fried your brain good and proper, My front sprocket whines like a landrover on tarmac. Then again it is not whining much at present due to the rainy season (as oposed to the cold and rainy season), started looking in Auto Trader at boats now cos i reckon i will get more use out of one.

Ah, fond memories, landrover tyres on Belfast tarmac at three in the morning, freezing your face off as you stood in the back, pointing my rifle at the locals. Jumpers for goal posts, small boys in the park, all fields when I was growing up round here etc.

take those rose tinted glasses off my friend.