Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
plastic_orange

Cutting Out

34 posts in this topic

I think not very likely to be a fuel problem, if fuel was contaminated probably wouldn't restart so easily, If a slug of contaminated fuel has got into the injector system it would have to be drawn all the way through and burnt off to clear the problem. Might seem a bit obvious but if fuel line has a fuel filter on it possibly not able to drag enough through on large throttle openings.

Well, I found the problem today - took it for a blast and got about a mile before it started cutting out - stopped completely this time. Nursed it home, and then took off the rear bodywork to fully check the power commander connections. When i wiggled one with the bike running, it cut out (had done this before with bodywork on and it was ok)). The connections supplied with the PC are basically a Scotch Lock type connection - in other words 'pish'. I reconnected it, and bike ran perfectly - I'll now do a proper solder connection to stop it happening again.

Pete

bet you are relieved about that, Bit crap they charge you an arm and a leg for a few circuits and a chip then give you the cheapest connectors in the world.

You've got it.

Pete

Try checking your battery terminal connections..Steve

Problem solved - power commander connection.

Pete

Hurrah well done bet you're chuffed?

Hi..My lads was doing this..His battery terminal connections were loose!!!!..Worth checking if not done already..Steve (Redex)

had this on an old suzuki

it turned out to be the fuel cap wasnt letting any air into the tank ie causing a vacuum ? could the x suffer that