Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest paul x11

Brake pads..What do you use.

3 posts in this topic

Im not happy with my brakes on the X :doh:...The last 2 bikes i owned,a Hornet 6 and a Bandit 12 both had Armstrong HH pads(fitted by myself) and the brakes improved no end. But on the X im not confident with the stopping power(no real bite to the fronts) compaired to the 2 prievious bikes.

The bike has nissin pads in whick are hardley worn.

So any of you guys use HH pads in your bikes.Im vey temped at about ?30 to fit a set in the front.

Any comments :huh:

my brakes are awsome back and front but they have been delinked so that proberbly why

The brakes on the X11 are a bit unusual compared with most bikes, i have found that they really need to be applied quite hard to get the best out of them. My bike had new pads fitted when i bought it, if i can i will check what they are. I noticed they bit really hard at first and the front end had a tendancy to dive, they have settled down now. Some people have reported that their bike has a tendancy to sit up when braking in a corner, this can happen for various reasons not always necessarily connected to breaking forces, it isnt really reccomended but we all overcook it sometimes.Manual spec for brake discs on front is 4.5 with a 3.5mm service limit,might be wise to check they are still in the limit and still true (0.30mm limit), also pads may be contaminated, degreasing may help. Don't see any real reason why HH pads can't be fitted though