Guest Krona

Bad in traffic

17 posts in this topic

Hi Guys, this is my first post on the site but have had an "X" for about 3 years now. Was at the North West 200 practice last night and was stuck in really bad traffic. The bike didnt go well in 1st / 2nd gear, i kept thinking the choke was on or dirt in the carb? I know this isnt possible as she is a 2002 fuel injection running on a set of leo vince cans. once you wind it up she is 110% any ideas guys

Thanks Krona

:welcome:

Took your time to say hello then! ;)

They do seem to get very hot in traffic, so it's possible that your fuel mixture was affected with all the hot air from the airbox. Then it went back to normal with the cool air rushing in as you speeded up.

If your cans aren't too loud, make sure you hear the radiator fan cutting in?

Avoid waiting in traffic at all costs... take to the pavements if necessary! :eek:

Thanks, I have K&N air filter oin the bike so that should increase airflow, Fans do kick in ok as have tested this plus was of the impression the mixture should self adjust to the filter and cans as she is fuel injection. Could there be dirt in the injectors?

Krona

Hi,

It may be possible that it could be dirt, but more likely to be naff petrol. Especially if you filled up at a supermarket or a back water filling station.

With the weather being the way it is i am so tepted to say stuff work and catch the next ferry over.

Thanks for that, i will drain the petrol tonight and see if that helps on the blast up tomorra night for second practice.

Have to be softly softly though the road rats are in every hedge.

Sod the work and jump on the ferry you know you really want to !!!!

mine hates slow traffic.. heat gauge sits on cold then goes up nice and warm as soon as your hit traffic.. Maybe shoudl wheelie past them on the pavement.. or not!!

I think the PSNI may have somethink to say about that one. I have taken the fuel out and replaced it so will be heading towards portrush at about 5 tonight lets see what it does then.

Many thanks Krona

guys i need help! my X11 fuel consumption is 6km per liter. and when i idle my eyes hurt so bad and it smells like unburnt petrol. i checked the 1st 2nd 3rd 4th spark plugs and found out the 2nd and 3rd has a black carbon. meaning to say the 2nd and 3rd spark plugs can't burn well. i replaced 4 new spark plugs and let idle again. still the 2nd and 3rd didn't do well. i suspected the 2nd and 3rd injectors. i swapt the 1st injection to the 2nd injection and 3rd to 4th injection. cleaned the spark plugs installed it back. and idle again. still the 2nd and 3rd spark plug has black carbon in it. i only did swapings because i thought the 2nd and 3rd injector is bad.the 2nd and 3rd injectors that i put in 1st and 4th burned well. so the problem is not the injetctions. the F1 shows no warning of any problems. what could be the problem?

Check ignition coils, each coil does two spark plugs, you might have a winding down meaning the two plugs are not igniting cos the coil F**ked. Simple test, check the voltage on the primary (incoming side) of the coil. If you have a good voltage Pull the plugs and run the bike with the one plug out at a time still connected to the H.T. lead Hold it with pliers or it could track onto the lead and give you a wake up call, if you get a spark with the plug base resting on the cylinder head the H.T lead is ok, if not then swap the coils over, they are mounted on the side of the air box and try running again, if the plugs spark this proves you have a bad coil.

standish honda, all the sparking i even try swaping coils. but still the 2nd and 3rd spark plugs are black. and has a bad unburn smell. i can hear small backfire sound while in idle. all are sparking. it runs good after i change new sparkplugs. after a few minutes i turn off the bike and still black carbon on my 2nd and 3rd sparkplugs i run a few miles checked the coils if it sparks it did. still i have problem. can you help me. my X11 can go 6kpm per liter. my bike is drinking beer instead of tiquila! LOL. no fun for me now i love my bike and i want her to go places.

Franz have you checked your Air Filter is fitted correctly or more importantly the pipes leading to it especially the pipes for the pair system , Have you got any warning flashes on the Fi light ?

Had same kind of problem with my friends XX, he had changed sparkplugs (told me afterwords) and mixed up two plug wires. First i was looking the fault from the carbs, okay now they are clean for sure....

Check and double check those plugwires, sometimes it is a very simple mistake that you just cant see.

x11r, my air filter is clean? could it be my ECM/IC? still had bad burn on my 2nd and 3rd. i check also checked by removing all sparkplugs and attach them to the plugwires/ ignition coils to if all are sparking. all are sparking well. my bike smells bad unburn gas hurts my eyes on idle. this is a new problem i guess but i never give up my X11. for me this is my best bike ever.

no maintenanceman i checked all are in good place. my bike can run fine after i clean sparkplug afterwards it backfires because of 2nd and 3rd thick sparkplugs carbon buildups. i memoried them because of this i always remove them and place them exactly where to put them.

no maintenanceman i checked all are in good place. my bike can run fine after i clean sparkplug afterwards it backfires because of 2nd and 3rd thick sparkplugs carbon buildups. i memoried them because of this i always remove them and place them exactly where to put them.

Ok, just wanted to be sure.

Maybe compression test would tell that everything is okay in all cylinders, that would allso tell if there is some leak in the valves. Mainly that black s**t comes because too rich air/fuel ratio but it might allso burn oil in those cylinders.

i don't have any F1 flashes so far. compressions are ok. no oil leaks, no oil smoke in exhaust. still 2nd and 3rd carbon build up.

Maybe leaking injectors in those cylinders?