Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest x11_bob

Power commander problem

3 posts in this topic

I know this has been said before but don't rely on the snap connectors supplied whith the power commander.My bike has been having a intermittent problem.It would cut out,sometimes completly and sometimes just a missfire.When it stopped I had to turn it off and then on again before it would start as the fuel pump would not work .I have been checking all the connections but as it was intermittent it was a real pain to find the problem:BangHead:.It turned out to be the connections that clip onto the ECU wires for the power commander.I have now soldered the connections and not only has it solved the problem,but the bike was running a little bit flat.Now its back to its awsome full power,what with the sunshine and hot roads I'm a very happy bunny.

Bob

You were all told about this after my problems - really is shocking considering how much the things cost - soldering is the only way.

Pete

My Techlusion was supplied with similar connectors, Truly crap, i too did the job properly. A good tip is to use heat shrink sleeve over the soldered joints (Maplins for next to nowt) rather than PVC tape as that tends to go gooey after a while, you can of course use loom amalgamating tape to bind the cables first for total overkill.