Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest amp63

Non starter

7 posts in this topic

Hi folks!

Need a little help please. Went to fire the beast up today for a well earned blast but i was greated with a loud buzzing noise!

I traced the irritating sound to a little black ? relay which is located on the left hand side of the bike close to he battery. It has both neg and pos leads going to it from the battery and a 10 amp fuse built in . Tried fuse which was fine, tried tapping the thing but still same problem. I then disconected the leads but my datatool (tool being the word!!) started to alarm and would not switch off so reconnected the thing back up. I am now slightly deaf and have a headache and am deprived of a good blast. Can any body tell me what the black thing is and how expensive it would be to replace? I would like to know a bit of info before i go to my local Honda dealer so i dont get ripped off!

Many thanks :- AMP

Your battery is probably too flat to start the beast... charge or replace it.

No sorry boys dont think it is the battery. Always on the optimate charger. Showing green/fully charged plus if it were the battery i wouldn't have been deafened by the alarm the other day which continued to alarm/reset/alarm while the little black box was disconnected.

Any other ideas with the black box?

I had a similar problem with an old Hornet. The alarm would go off but it still wouldn't start and it had the clicking (starter solenoid) sound. I had a short at the kill switch which was causing the problem.

Sting

My battery on my Blade was fully charged according to Optimate - but wasn't - just clicked. When I put it on my normal trickle charger to check - it didn't show a charge at all - showed 12v on multimeter though.

I'm going to have to buy a new one now.

Pete

Thanks for the reply's guys

Man at Honda still reckons it's the battery and wants ?50 + for new one. Think i will check kill switch first and then invest in a new battery to see if it cures problem. Off to france in 4 weeks so need to get it sorted me thinks.

Seen battery 'ytx12-bs' or ctx12-bs for ?32 delivered on E-bay so at that price i think i will treat her to a new one as original one now 4 1/2 yrs old. :-

Will let you know how i get on with new battery

AMP...

Well guess what... it was a bad conection with the 'optimate' charger! Same problem as you 'plastic orange'. :doh:

Oh well will need to keep a closer eye on the charger every time i plug her in.

Thanks for your help/info guys :)

AMP