Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest x11geoff

back end

11 posts in this topic

My back end seems a bit skittish , checked tyre pressure ,any advice on back shock setting before ,i start messing with it , Also how do i go about downloading work shop manual , will donate to be come benefactor shortly. thanksicon14.gif

I always leave mine on the 3rd setting...

As for the manual, when you become a benefactor you can just download it along with the parts fiche.

Mines set on 4th but then I ate most of the pies :) and use 5th for 2 up riding. It works for me

Mine's set at the firmest (is that '5'?) - i leave it there for everything. With it any less I find the centre stand touches down on a quick-ish right hander that rises steeply on my regular run (Cat n' fiddle via alderly edge). That said, i'm (now) just under 14 stone, so I could probably back it off one.....

Mine seems fine on 3 even 2 up riding.

Oh dear, - any advances on five only I ate everybody elses pies as well !!

Maybe someone could show me the 'optimum' setting at the get together next week ?

Thanks,

Mike

No Mike....I ate all the pies (126kg). Still reckon its ok on 3 tho. Any advances on the pie count?

You be still an apprentice - 21 stone (x 6.35) = 133.35 kilos - and I have'n't had me tea yet !! I hope there's salads and stuff at the Lincs. 'get-together' - Can't beat a bit of rocket !!

unsure as to wether "pie count" is a recognised by the EU as a unit of measurement, or does it hark back to the good old days of imperial weights and measures? bet a euro pie weighs less and costs more and is measured in multiples of 10 where as the imperial pie would be measured by the dozen and be made in a firm short crust as oposed to the euro pie being mainly lightweight filo pastry. Can anyone qualtifiy the "pie count"

Geoff,check the wheel bearings and swingarm for any play aswell.I have my shock set on 5 and it seems ok for my 15(and a bit) stone.Never experienced any skittish behaviour on my x.Could it be your tyres?;)

would agree with Mark, i don't tend to push so hard as to make it get ugly at the back but anything between 3-5 will give me a good ride, do you have problems on long apex (high corner speed) bends or low entry speed hard accelerate out type bends. Hard acceleration out of bends would cause your shock to compress due to weight load shifting onto the back loading everything up, bearings excetra. Shock mounts and swing arm bearings should be checked also wether the shock is getting full extension and freely compressing (does it travel freely). Problems in long sweeping bends would bring tyres into play more, with balancing issues and bearings again. Do you experience much gearbox lash and chain tension problems? and is the tracking correct?