Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wayne

Chain & Sprockets

11 posts in this topic

Anyone replaced their chain & sprockets recently ?

Mine are about due looks like a D.I.D Chain probably been on from new,

does anyone recommend anything different or had any good or bad experiences of other makes.

Wayne. :) >:(:lecture:

My well maintained Regina Gold chain snapped across the pin at just over 15k on my Blade. I've now got a Tsubaki, but can't really advise on how good it is. I would suggest if you use any bike hard, then change before 15k - even though it looks like new.

Pete

I need new chain and sprockets too, my bike has 16k on the clock, drive gear looks like original equipment. I have prices off the web from various people and they range from ?97-?165 (D.I.D ZFM). It seems a bit of a minefield to me, i will go for an extra heavy duty chain and J.T sprockets. I like the look of the Supersprox rear sprocket but they don't do one in our size. Quotes range from Tsubaki, D.I.D, IRIS FB,David Silver will do the original Honda for ?107.00. I am still looking and am open to advice.

Hi Standish Id go for a Renthal Ally Rear sprocket mine has done 5500 miles now and still showing no real signs of wear you can get these from B & C express they do a front one as well but the originall honda front is quieter.

Never used ally sprockets on a road bike before,A softer material would sugest it would wear far faster than a steel one, the supersprox are ally witha steel outer ring bolted on, looks cool, but they dont do a X11 one. i am not really desperate but will need one before summer trip in July.What type of chain are you running with your ally sprocks?

Im Running a DID chain I use pj1 chain lube, however I try to avoid riding in shitty weather but I still rate the Renthal sprocket. ps the font is steel and the rear is hard anodised

Got a quote from Jaws (blackbird site), they seem reasonable ?96 for JT sprocks and heavy duty x ring chain (and its gold Bling Bling), still waiting on a few more quotes. Looked in the Hein Gericke catologue they do RK chain but it just like gobledy gook to me.

Have you looked on ebay there are usualy a sprocket and chain set for x's however a few years ago I put a set of jt sprockets on my sons TS50 suzuki because they were a cheep alternative to originals and they were shagged within a month, so Im not trying to put you off but I'd want to see them in the flesh before parting with any cash. As for the Chain Either DID or EK are tops in my book have you try'd Busters for prices.

seems everyman and his dog sells JT sprocks, take your point though, havent tried Busters yet but will do, thanks

Always use D.I.D myself. If you can't stand the whinning buy the genuine Honda front sprocket with the damper on it

Hi Hedghog I think your of the same opinion as me DID chain Honda front sprocket and Renthal ally sprocket the perfect combination ,Ive just checked the B & C web site the rear sprocket in hard anodised will cost ?30./34 depending on no of teeth you want they only list the Blackbird on the site but X11 is the same sprocket mounts.

http://www.bandcexpress.co.uk/cgi-bin/bc_page.pl?cat=SPR-ROAD&nav=Honda