Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Smudge

Seat question

7 posts in this topic

I'm finding the standard seat not that comfortable - very hard, and even worse with a pillion as they seem to slide forward very easily. Has anybody modified their seat to either a flatter shape or softer foam. I know Tony Archer is the man, but just wondered if any of you chaps had any thoughts?

When I had my seat re done by him. I had the Pillion end extended forward by aprox 1 inch, ok I lost that amount but it is worth it. Also the seat was recovered so that rider part was smooth and the pillon bit was a rough suede style which has stopped any slipping. As I have put subframe risers in I also had extra foam put in at the front of the seat tapering back and same with back. You can always try a gel insert to make it more comfortable

I can feel a ride out to Market Rasen coming on! If you don't mind that is...

Rich

Alternative would be to eat an extra bag or two of chips [per night] and grow a fatter rear to better accommodate your standard seat!!? :D . . . and suggest your pillion goes commando to minimise slippage! :doh:

and suggest your pillion goes commando to minimise slippage!

Oh no! They leave slug trails then on your seat when they get excited!

Rich I will be heading down your way on the 14th to catch the ferry from Harwich maybe we could meet up on route

That would be great, but I don't want to muck up your holiday plans.

Send me a PM if you fancy hooking up. There is a Classic bike and car show in Bourne on the 14th, I might even take the little XBR500 along...

Cheers for now fella

Rich