Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest standish honda

xerapol

13 posts in this topic

Plastic polish available from Hein Gericke ?9.00. I have used this on my clock fascias, they were very scratched when i got my bike and no manner of cleaning made them look better. This stuff really worked well, all the minor surface scratches were removed and the bigger ones were drastically reduced. It did take a couple of goes but they look like new now, i might add that the clocks were completely dismantled to remove the complete lense.Next job is the plastic headlight lense.

Sounds like good stuff might get some if it brings headlight lens up well too

Yea tried it on headlight too, my lense was a bit pitted more than scratched, did work though, like T cut for plastic, but it did take some elbow grease but it could be used with a polishing felt too.

advert on ebay!! same price as shop thou no no bargains there

Xerapol Scratch Remover - Plastic Polish

Xerapol offers a great solution to scratched acrylic plastic surfaces.

A Simple 2-3 Minute Process - The Paste will treat the scratched area back to its original State.

Deeper Scratches can be successfully treated by the use of the included sandpaper and by using repeated applications.

Kit Consists of Sandpaper and 1 x 50g Tube of Paste

Has many uses Car Headlamps, Rear Lights, Wood Trim and Cockpits, Motorcycle Screens etc, caravan windows, acrylic bath tubs, aircraft/boat windows, acryclic glass furniture

**This product should not be used on PC Surfaces, or surfaces that are printed, varnished or coated

That the stuff, but i didnt need to use the wet and dry.

As mad as it sounds.... try a bit of liquid "brasso" instead of these expensive concoctions!

I'll go along with that Eddy. There's nothing new under the sun.

Rob

Aye, When I were a lad..... they used to use brasso with brown paper or cardboard to polish the cock pit perspex bubble of the Spitfire, it was a job for the women apparentley,it was also a womans job to deliver the Spitfire from the factory to its designated airfield...

Brasso and brown paper?? top tip that wayne,a may just try that on mi old cbr's screen.19yrs worth of scratches on the bugga!! :laugh: :thumbsup: :laugh:

Even better if you can get a woman to do your polishin as well (HeHe)

Tis true, also diluted T cut will do a similar job, bottom line is they are all varying grades of abrasives, depends how much elbow grease you are willing to put in and how many pairs of her indoors knickers you have to use to complete the task (cotton ones are better).Didnt think you could still buy brown paper in these days of multi ethnicity, surely it must be called coloured paper now.

You are indeed correct Standish went for some brown paper & could not get any;

Shop had Jamacan paper, smell made me light headed, Indian paper made me feel hungry, Japanese paper cut your bloody fingers off & the American paper seemed to be bigger than everyone elses.

i rest my case!! in the world of political correctness, If you are of mixed race you will now find that you are not actually. To be correct you are now of dual heritage, two reasons to be proud, i now feel disriminated against because i only have single heritage and suspect i may be a minority.