Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Maintenanceman

Fuel low light didnt work...

7 posts in this topic

Went to work at saturday morning, bike was running great as allways.

Suddenly she started stutter and started to shut down, i was thinking that what a he**, what is the problem, few seconds it came to my mind that it is that my PC3 or something with that. Pulled over to a bus stop and started to find the problem, instantly i noticed that tank is empty, vittu saatana ja perkele (finish bad words), how is that possible, the fuel light didnt tell me anything at all. It hasnt done that before, so is this a common problem?

I waved the bike and got it started, made an u-turn and got back about 1,5km to the gas station that i just passed, bike coughed last time when i got to the gas pump, lucky me...

Looked at the workshop manual and it says that if the sender doesnt work i have to replace the whole pump assemby, i think that its not worth of doing it just because the light doesnt work. Dont trust it any more:aargh:

That's a strange one Henri.:confused:

Never heard of that happening before.

Is there a chance that the fuel warning bulb has blown or something? Or any connectors have come loose in the clock binacle?

I will get in to it, as soon as i have time, connector under the front of the seat was ok. I think that if that connector get loose allso the fuelpump stops working. Not sure if the bulb is a led, if it is, those burns out rarely. Wiring is the thing that i am going to inspect. Here is the instructions that workshop manual gives:Sieppaa-1.jpg

I have the same problem with fuel reserve indicator - but now I will check it follow the instruction. THX ;)

Wiring from the connector to the light is ok, light will come on when testing like the instruction says. I cleaned the connector from the fuelpump allso (flat one where the green wire goes) now i will drive the tank empty, allready 260km`s from full....

Worked again:o 290km`s and light came on, took exactly 20L to fill up, so average consumption has been 6,8L/100km, nice ;D And i havent been so slow...

hi folks im a new boy had the same problem tryed the test light works so nakd fuel pump thanks for that