Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest djs

Indicators

11 posts in this topic

Ok Boffins:

This morning left hand indicator worked sporadically, right hand was fine, then the left hand stopped completely, then sporadically then stopped again. It's now working fine.

But why?

Bike is covered by a heavy duty cover that is 100% waterproof, it was a bit nippy this morning but not that bad, and it's never done that before.

Any answers more than welcome.

Wrong kind of nippy,dust cover should be 99% not 100%,leaves on the line?? :dontknow:

"Any.... answer"

I would take the lens cover off and have a look in the bulb holder maybe a little bit of white fur corrosion in there stopping the bulb earthing properly, if your connectors are clean I would bet that could be your problem. It`s just down to moisture getting in the indicator. If it is then once you`ve cleaned it up just put a little grease or Vasoline in there to help stop it happening again.

Or one of the connectors has come loose or furry... fronts in headlight or rears are under the tailpiece. Don't damage the ecu wiring while ferreting about tho!

Why not treat yourself to some nice,stylish l.e.d ones for xmas?

much brighter than standard and look a million times better. :thumbsup:

Cheers gents will have a look at the weekend, with regards to raeman's post, has anyone else fitted aftermarket jobbies, and if so which would you reccomend?

I have some of those alloy ones at the back they look nice and are bright but cost ?30 for a pair :o will be getting some for the front too to match

Think mine are motrax ones,which you can get from most good bike shops. ad em on that long tho i can't remember exactly what make. price was about ?15 for a pair and they are black plastic with amber arrow shape lenses.

i'm gonna upgrade to l.e.d ones soon,but i will have to fit a device what slows down the flash rate,as the l.e.d ones have a tendancy to flash fast.

There's loads of choices and styles to choose from,i got black body ones cos they match the bike.

good luck.

Luck? Luck? Don't need luck! Fire extinguisher yes, luck no!

lol, it's an easy job to do. as eddy mentioned tho, just be carefull of the wires. ded easy tho. :laugh: