Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest manicscot

any advantage in running full blackbird exhaust system on the x .

5 posts in this topic

i have the chance of a very cheap full blackbird exhaust system .is there any advantage in making the swop . How about using blackbird headers and add on performance end cans would that make it more worthwhile .

Rumour has it that the b'bird headers are a slightly larger bore, so there would be some advantage until the mid section, the rest of the system is basically the same i think although A.N Other may be able to confirm this, putting aftermarket end cans would make a bit more of a difference due to the OEM ones being full of all that eco crap that the manufacturers have to fit to comply with emmissions regs, loosing the OEM end cans will also shave about 2 stone off the dry weight of the bike too. You might be suprised as to what you can pick up s/hand in regard to full aftermarket systems from the Blackbird.Blackbird headers are usually full of crud and badly marked due to the fact they are not easy to get to, so you may want to paint them if they are previously owned

Injected Blackbird and Carbed Blackbird headers I believe are not interchangeable. Injected Birds have stainless headers where Carbed are mild steel and rot. I know lads who've tried to swap from mild steel to stainless but failed.I dont know why though sorry!! So asking if Blackbird headers will fit an X11 is more riddled with worms that at first you may think!! ...... Steve

Blackbird headers have a less-restrictive curve as they exit the head - i.e. they foul the radiator - you have to modify the lower rad. bracket - tried the original blackbird item before I went to a blackbird single yoshi system - needed the same mod. for both.

its the stainless system from the fuel injected i have been offered is that the one you had on your x . Just need to know if the headers will fit the x before purchase . I dont mind altering radiator mount . . .and did it make any diff to performance