Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest pooroldbugger

Brake Pads

6 posts in this topic

Now then.... I know I'll find the answer to this question if I go through the archive but lets be honest, there's everything you need to know here already so if we didn't post repeats the site would be that much more quieter.

So..... I fitted a full set of HH sintered pads when I got the bike MOT'd some time back. They're well bedded in now but the braking is getting worse with age. Disks are fine. Lines are fine. I reckon its the pads. What pads do you all use?

I use Nissin (2P250ST) sintered pads.

Try cleaning your caliper pistons and giving the friction material a light file just to break the glaze. I had the same problem and it seemed to cure it, but then the brakes were grabbing a little bit too when i first used them.

I use original Honda pads without any problems. Not sure how the price compares to after market items tho'. I think David Silver Honda parts are very reasonable.

Sounds like you need an x11r brake kit!! get in touch with john,he`ll sort it out.

As fe5ta mentioned tho,a bloody good calliper clean helps. sometimes you can very lightly rub the discs with wet&dry to clean off any glaze and gunk.

Could need new fluid,you never mentioned that your fliud was ok.could be a likely culprit!!

To be honest wouldn`t rub the disks down as suggested if they need cleaning use a proper cleaning agent. By the nature of how brakes work all disks will polish up just by using them..... it`s normal so cleaning is not nessary unless they are contaminated by oil or the like.