Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest FUG

Help!

14 posts in this topic

Went out to the bike this morning, put the key in the ignition and get absolutely nothing! I've been using the bike for commuting over the last couple of months and had no problems what so ever ...... Been out and bought a brand new yasura battery and still nothing - both batteries showing as fully charged.

All fuses are ok, and i've disconnected and cleaned all the terminals I can find.

- Any help would be much appreciated..

Did you check the main 30A fuse on top of the starter solenoid?

Kill switch? :embarrased:

that's all I can contribute!

Did you check the main 30A fuse on top of the starter solenoid?

Ok having a thick moment, where is that one? Can't find it for looking!

It looks like some gubbins encased in rubber... ooerrr missus! Look for the thick positive wire coming off the battery and follow 'em.

There is a spare fuse stuck in the housing too... unless someone has pinched it!

Here's a piccy... the fuse is under the red cap.

Cheers Eddy, I'll check that shortly and let you know :-)

Sounds like the Kill switch to me too ;)

Ye that theaker went on me last year solenoid!!!

Must of broke down with wear and tare and started to heat up slowly melting the housing then blew the fuse on a run to sky!!!!

Took 20 mins the get the melted blown fuse out and a new one in to get me home but we managed thank f***.

got next surprise when replaced, as it is about

Well it turned out to be the solenoid fuse ..... Any ideas why that would have gone over night?

It could be some corrosion , this would create resistance causing the fuse to overheat and melt , make sure all the connections are clean and give them a small spray of WD40 or as I have done with battery terminal grease.

It could be some corrosion , this would create resistance causing the fuse to overheat and melt , make sure all the connections are clean and give them a small spray of WD40 or as I have done with battery terminal grease.

Cheers mate, I'll do that :D

Well it turned out to be the solenoid fuse ..... Any ideas why that would have gone over night?

As i poseted above bud similar happended to me keep an eye on it if it heats up again and blows you will have to change it prob just broken down inside or something.;) I changed mine and been fine since?B)

Worked it out finally - Original battery was taking a charge, showing that it had full charge but no good on a drop test. New battery was not good either, had it checked by the shop I bought it from they said it happens from time to time. Brand new battery on it and starts first time on the button.

Fuse blew again, turns out there was a little bit of corossion on one of the terminals (as x11r said), gave it a clean up and no problems - Now one happy bunny :D

Edited by FUG

Worked it out finally - Original battery was taking a charge, showing that it had full charge but no good on a drop test. New battery was not good either, had it checked by the shop I bought it from they said it happens from time to time. Brand new battery on it and starts first time on the button.

Fuse blew again, turns out there was a little bit of corossion on one of the terminals (as x11r said), gave it a clean up and no problems - Now one happy bunny :D

Good to hear bud just keep an eye on it may be worth canging conectors if badly corroded you can get a new one from Dave silverman as norm glad she all well again enjoy :smileybiker: