Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest fe5ta

Oil Addatives

10 posts in this topic

Going to give the old girl some new blood over the weekend, will be putting ZX1 in too had good results with the VFR seems to run smoother on choke.

Does anyone else use addatives or have any thoughts?

Aye, I used that in my old x11... and in everything else that I ran at the time!

Another One is actiV8 friction reducer, http://www.simplan.co.uk/

I'm using Activ8 in the X and my cars, I think it works, they all seem to rev much more easily and I have to adjust idle revs down.

Sounds daft but, is that like redex? :dontknow:

Activ8 is added to the oil when you top up, once you've added the Activ8 it remains coated on all the moving parts in the engine for the next 6 or 8 oil changes, then you add a little bit more to top up the protection.

Redex is a fuel adative , activ8 is in my mind looking favourable to go in mine at the moment .

I think its ?16.95 for a one off treatment but that's protection for 25000 miles.

If you use a good quality oil (I prefer fully synthetic) you don't need additives. In fact a lot of the companies selling them fell foul of the courts in America because it didn't do what was said on the tin.

Research the topic on the net to find out.

Pete

...... fell foul of the courts in America because it didn't do what was said on the tin.

Everybody's liable to do that in America... probably got sued for not mentioning on the tin that you can't drink it or summat!

Hum, like the bloke that succesfully sued Winibago because his crashed and was written off when he put it in cruise control while he went to the kitchen to make coffee. They didnt explain in the manual that this was not possible and that was what he based his case on.