Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest kraftwerk

Slight stutter / misfire problem

35 posts in this topic

Did you change the plugs?:)

pos plug or coil throttle pos switch i took mine to banjax mc and they put it on the dyno and sorted it out

Just spoke to Les at Banjax and will get my bike in there next week (wink, wink)

can you post an update after the visit to the dyno ? always helpful in the building of a reliable knowledge bank based on experience.:)

Sounds like exactly the same problem I encountered (and mentioned on here ages ago). First noticed my 'hesitation' not miss half way down France. Most noticeable when on motorway as slight drop off on part throttle. When around town because of the nature of on and off the throttle..dont seem to notice it at all. Worst when doing steady 80 odd, then just want to tickle it up to 90 for example. As has been said though that can be around 5-6k revs, but I also notice it around 3k. It seems clearly related to throttle position in my case. On UK roads, not enough to cause concern, but if I did lots of mway miles..it would be a real problem.

can you post an update after the visit to the dyno ? always helpful in the building of a reliable knowledge bank based on experience.:)

Absolutely

Update: seems that I didn't have the plugs changed at the last service. Despite looking fine, I had them changed yesterday. On the ride home, the bike felt no better, no worse.

It was raining in London this morning and I rode to work in the rain for the first time in months. The bike was soon running worse than it ever has, almost to the point of it being unrideable. Grrr. Spoke to my man again and he had a conversation with his Honda tech insider, who said there is a known issue with the X11 - and with Pan Europeans, he said - having corroding HT leads and connectors.

SO... new leads and connectors will be fitted asap. Stand by for more riveting news. That's riveting news, not news about riveting.

Never heard of corroding HT leads on our bike or the pan's :confused:

Suppose it can happen though, keep us informed!;)

The bike's been virtually unrideable these last few days - so bad, in fact, that I took the Hayabusa to work this morning, and I hate riding that in town.

Anyway, figuring that I have better places to be spending the thick end of

So it was the leads and caps then,job done.:)

Hopefully sorted then. Nice one.;)