Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest chippy

2 lower or not 2 lower

14 posts in this topic

Hi ,;D to lower or not to lower , Whats involved in lowering the seat height what can be done to acheive this. I have already adjusted this on the pretentioner spring? as i am slightly vertically chalenged lol.

Remove some foam from the seat, a local upholstry shop could do this or google Tony Archer. His work is quality, a mate just had some removed from his BM seat cost him

a mate just had some removed from his BM seat cost him

Hi,

Are you sure you really need to lower it - how vertically challenged are you?

I only ask because I am just over 5'8'' and I thought the bike was too tall when I first had it but nearly 5 years of ownership it has either sunk on the suspension or I have become used to it and I'm quite happy with the height now!

Cheers,

Paul.

I can seconed Tony Archer he`s a top bloke had my seat reprofiled and recovered by him.

The only other option open to you is to get a rear custom shock made shorter then drop your forks through the yokes an equal ammount so you don`t mess up the steering geometry. This is an expensive option and best left to the experts who really know what they`re doing.

Hiya, I reckon like the others have advised, tony archer is the way forward. PS dont forget to 'JOIN' the South East x11 forum! (sent you back a message to your post?)

all the best

Dave

Hi ,;D to lower or not to lower , Whats involved in lowering the seat height what can be done to acheive this. I have already adjusted this on the pretentioner spring? as i am slightly vertically chalenged lol.

High heels ;D

I have a blackbird and lowered my seat three inches, By cutting the top rail and welding in an extra inch, the pillion seat is now level and stops the pillion sliding forward. Does not effect handling in any way, I dont know how to put a piccy on here.

Cheers,

Brian.

I have a blackbird and lowered my seat three inches, By cutting the top rail and welding in an extra inch, the pillion seat is now level and stops the pillion sliding forward. Does not effect handling in any way, I dont know how to put a piccy on here.

Cheers,

Brian.

But if you look at cbrxx.com you can see my avatar and details of my bike there

Brian.

Hi lads,

I just thinking about the same think: to lower or not to lower... Still have no idea if it's good for me to take off some foam. I'm 168 cm "high" (around 5,5)... so I just barely touch the ground when I stopping.

Did not bother me on my dirt bike, but I feel a bit strange the same on the X11.

Aye, a bit heavy to have on tippy toes too!

You could always do what one of our German friends, Alex has done to his...

Be a bit rough on the piles if you have any tho! :eek:

Aucccchhhhh... Not too confy!

I just heading for a 1300 km tour, so I think I will leave as it is... the two saddlebags (80L) will help me I hope.

Hi all again, - on a similar subject - as someone who is 'mechanically challenged' (but is a mean guitarist to balance things out !!) - is it relatively straight-forward to do the famous bar-riser kit job ? I'm off on another trip in early July and could do with a bit less weight on the arms if this makes sense ?

Thanks

Mike

Yeah Mike, it's a doddle to do.;)