Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest SPOOKY

Rip in seat.

15 posts in this topic

Cleaning the bike today i noticed a little slice in the seat,in the frount left hand corner where it wraps round down by the frame.Could i glue it and if so what glue could i use. :mad:

Yes you can glue it. Is the rip big enough to get a patch behind it? if so your seam will be stronger if you can glue a patch to the rear of the fabric. If the rip is in a place that is not normally visable then use a normal superglue, if it is visable then i don't know what to advise, but i bet an auto trimmer could advise.

Be carefull with superglue, it's can dry white and is not water proof. :)

You wont see it when its done its as it goes under the seat right down in the frout so i just need something to stop it going more so i think superglue would be the boy.

I scared me this thread for a mo... with the title I thought someone had died!

Better if you can get a patch behind it just to spread the load on the joint.

I would try and inject a bit of silicone sealant into the rip,this would stick the seat material to the seat base making a stonger repair plus its much easier to clean off any excess and you can buy black silicone.I use superglue a lot while its a very good addesive I know that it can damage a lot of materials..Good luck

I would try and inject a bit of silicone sealant into the rip,this would stick the seat material to the seat base making a stonger repair plus its much easier to clean off any excess and you can buy black silicone.I use superglue a lot while its a very good addesive I know that it can damage a lot of materials..Good luck

Good idea thanks

nice one Ken, hadn't thought of that, plus it is more flexible the SG.:)

I scared me this thread for a mo... with the title I thought someone had died!

Exactly what i thought Eddy!!:doh:

Fixed it.... the title that is, not the seat!

You could always send it to Tony Archer for a full recover he`s a top bloke. Got my seat back from him today cost