Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fledgling

Rear Fender

3 posts in this topic

Got rear ended this evening minutes from home. Lights changed, car in front failed to start off so I am waiting for them to decide Green means GO when wham... van behind me is keen to get my number!

He's snapped the rear fender ...which is obviously no longer available.

Any thoughts, anyone   Trigger Warning     Breaking a bike, got a slightly damaged fender?

I could make a rough bracket or even a neat one and try and attach it to the remaining plastic although as you can see the fender had been cut down and now with the damage there is not much material to play with.

No point going through insurance as they will right it off and having just settled one claim from two years ago (on another bike) I don't think I can face another round of Insurance Games.

What is reasonable recompense to cover a fender when one eventually comes up from a breaker or a pile of NOS fenders is unearthed somewhere.

Stayed upright on the bike though as I got shunted across two lanes of starting traffic on my near-side, apparently it looked pretty spectacular and the guy was really nice about it. Best accident I've ever had. Close Call.

Anyway suggestions please.

Regards, Emma

80100-MCC-000

FENDER. RR. !D

Rear

See pm I sent but as you seem to be a nice lady I would at least double the price of part & p/p as they would be looking at write off cost, but before settling made sure there nothing else damaged including  yourself PS glad your are OK and safe 

Edited by blueboy

That sucks! 

Glad you are ok tho!