Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
X11Abuser

ECU interchangeable?

5 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

Bought a x11 again last winter (had one before) to give it a new life. So the problem now is the famous(?) code 25 knock sensor problem. I am not sure it is so famous for the x11, but i have found out that this is a common problem for the blackbird. I'm running out of options and im now going to swap the ECU. My biggest question for now is:
Are all the ECU's interchangeable since there has been no update for the x11 and it does not have HISS?

I am asking this because my part number for my ECU has become unreadable, and the parts available are limited.

Cheers guys

Well this is akward, just found out that it does have HISS. On my previous hoda's it showed this H.I.S.S. on the keyhole. This just made my problem a lot more complicated. Anyone else suggestions for a solution i can try? 

Okay so if in the future anyone else is running into the same problem: i seem to have fixed it with some contact spray in the ECU plugs, and than put some towel around it to prevent it from bouncing too much. Rode 300km's so far without a problem, while before the light used to come on after 30 km's. Good luck guys.

Edited by X11Abuser

I have never liked the way the ECU is loose on undertray, I drilled a hole either side of the ECU then then put screw thru from underside with nut on top of tray to fasten strong elastic band across the top of ECU also put thin foam under ECU

Yep, and those shitty wires are damn fragile!