Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest bandit

Slack chain

9 posts in this topic

OK the chain is in good order and has no bad links etc but when I adjust it, atter a ride it goes slack as a back of nackers, no matter how much I torque the axle bolt, what the ferk am I doing wrong..12 bikes later and this one is driving me to want a shaft drive now :eek:

speak to Raeman he is still in recovery from the same thing, nearly drove him to tears.He did cure it eventually but i can't recall the final solution, or do a search for chain/drivechain.

Now i`m sure Raeman will be along soon enough to give you a more in depth answer, as he had exactly the same problem you are having. If memory serves me right it turned out to be the rear wheel bearings mainly the sprocket carrier one. Also when you adjust the chain and have tightened the axle nut are you turning the adjusters out a little more to lock them off? Others have found this can help

found it, do a search for the thread headed Vibration.

Cheers guys, i really torqued the axle nut up last night and it seems a bit better, but still not as I would expect it to stay? Lets hope Reaman put a lookin :) I hate over slack chains, end in ****e gear changes, etc.

found it, do a search for the thread headed Vibration.

I'll have a look mate, cheers ;D

Hi Rich, chain hassles eh?:doh:

Sounds like what mine was doing, no matter how tight you nip up the axle, the chain still goes slack?

If you have read the "Vibration" thread you will know what i had to do to solve it. I run the chain quite slack now and it helps loads.

Even after shelling out over

Thanks guys,

I think I may have been a bit premature with this. I torqud up the axle bolt like real tight the other day and it's been fine since. I never had problems with vibes ( other than normal vibes) anyway. Good to know for the future though. :)