gc3746

New battery, no electrics

3 posts in this topic

I`ve just bought an X11 project bike. the previous owner last rode it over 15 years ago, removed the battery from it about 10 years ago and hasn`t touched it again, I`ve just put a new battery fully charged  on it and nothing, checked all the fuses. I`ve been reading up on HISS and coding keys, but looks like I need a coded key to code additional keys. The bike has an after market alarm which beeps its siren on the bike then the buttons on the fob are pressed, this also has a remote start function which I was told had a chip from a key placed permanently in proximity I think this had been taped into the loom. Ant idea why there are no electrics working?

I'd remove all the after market crap and restore it to original. Take it from there without someone else's screw ups.

Grab the wiring diagram from here https://www.mediafire.com/?2dv1ql0236w05

Hi Gary,

If you've not already got it running, and haven't already searched the forums...

Look out for my posts, as started in the same situation as you.

tbh, if you haven't got it firing up, I'd do some reading first as you'll save yourself hassle.

I'd expect you'll have nescafe in the tank and seized clutch plates just for starters.

And speaking of starters, it's common for a half-harted startup of the bike every so often, so when problems mount up and that starter gets run for too long multiple times before eventually removing the battery and giving up.... the starter needs maintenance.

Let us know where you get to.