Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AK1011

Anyone have any spare stator covers?

7 posts in this topic

Binned it today. Shit tyres (never used tyres this bad in the wet) plus slippery road and me riding a bit aggressive. 

Front wheel locked up and bike fell on left side. 

Bar end broke off, crash bobbin/mushroom wore down about 3rd of the way through, scratches on the exhaust and a little on the center stand, broke the windscreen and might have damaged the clocks casing.

Stator cover is leaking a little bit of oil, so was able to ride it home but can't/don't want to ride till I replace it.

Other than the above damage, indicator has broken and center stand now seems to be touching the left side exhaust. The footpeg hanger bracket might have been bent in slightly.

Oh, and the crash bobbin bent, and where it bent, its broken the rear mounting hole of the radiator shroud. So thats either gonna need fixing or new one ordering from japan.

Oh bugger, glad you're ok at least.

Feck! Hope you're well. Which tyres were you using?

Thanks guys.

They're maxxis super maxx but are 9yrs old! I knew they were old and past their best but had been ok in the dry so far. Felt horrible in the wet last weekend and I was being careful but grabbed the brakes without thinking.

I've now ordered a dunlop mutant front as the guys in my blood bike group speak highly of it in the wet. 

Rear is just as old but does seem better than front, so going to wait a bit longer before I buy a rear.

On 08/11/2021 at 21:13, firstborne said:

It doesn't matter. Tire after that time what you use, doesn't have good properties, it is hard and does not stick properly to the road. I have Metzeler (dont remember what model), tire also have almost ten years (sic!). Even when wheather is good (sunny, dry etc.), also tire is warm up i have slip when i running even on 3th gear - i accelerating nice, and easy...no agressive driving. 
I buy Pirelli Angel ST ;)

And i have that cover (is a bit scratch on it) but nothing what you can't repair. 

Thanks!

What kind of scratch? does it leak oil?

20 hours ago, AK1011 said:

What kind of scratch? does it leak oil?

Nooo, no at all. I have couple parts in my parent's garage so when i will be there i can send you photos, how that cover look.