X11

Intermittent fuel pump

5 posts in this topic

Hey everyone, new here. So I have an x11 and starts really good when fuel pump primes when I turn on ignition but sometimes it will not prime and when it doesn't I have to take the tank off and move it around and stuff for it to work again for some reason, also I relisd that when i am riding it seems to splutter a little and and sometimes doesn't have instant power but rarely does that, could this be the relay, also if it were to be the relay is this the one I need for the fuel pump as can't seem to find a one for fuel pump. Sorry if I haven't gave enough information just ask, and I will answer your questions as much as I can 😁. I have attached a pic of the relay that I think I might need but correct me if I am wrong please. Thank you everyone 😁

Screenshot_20211010-115912_eBay.jpg

Hi Craig , that is the starter relay , for the high current needed for the starter motor , the fuel pump doesn't have its own relay if you are having to remove tank to get it to work again the problem is either with the fuel pump itself or the wiring to it !

Theres an electrical connector on the pump inside the tank, I would check to make sure its fully home & locked in place.

Wiring would be the first thing to check. The owners manual has a wiring diagram that you can follow. 

If you rule out the wiring as the problem, then a new pump costs about £50 on ebay.

Sometimes after market alarms can cause issues like this....dependant on how/who wired it in