Spirou75

Center Stand image

8 posts in this topic

Good Day to All of You

I'm Freddy, Portuguese and proud owner of a "Black Beauty"

I removed my main, or center stand a few years ago and i'm having some difficulties in putting it back on

can't seem to figure out where the 2 springs are supposed to be attached to

I respectably ask if any of the fellow members would be so kind as to post a picture or something

of both ends of the springs in place so i could put mine back on

Thank you very, very much in advance and please...be safe out there all of you

Regards,

Freddy

It's many years since I did it but I do remember it being bloody difficult!

The springs kind of fit inside one another with like a rubber sleeve around. I seem to remember tying the stand in the raised position as well.

I had a quick look in the manual but couldn't even find a mention of it, let alone any pictures.

I'll just have to wish you well with it! 

9 hours ago, fast_eddy said:

It's many years since I did it but I do remember it being bloody difficult!

The springs kind of fit inside one another with like a rubber sleeve around. I seem to remember tying the stand in the raised position as well.

I had a quick look in the manual but couldn't even find a mention of it, let alone any pictures.

I'll just have to wish you well with it! 

Cheers, Eddy

thank you for getting back to me :)

it is, like u said, bloody difficult indeed

i have looked everywhere, internet, the manual, everything...and nothing to be found anywhere

i have everything in place, but the only thing puzzling me is the place on the frame where both springs will attach

i got 'em already inside one another, hooked on that little ring on the stand, but i couldn't find the place they go on the frame even if my life depended on it...

that's the only reason i asked if anyone had a picture of it...the "hook" on the frame where they're supposed to latch on

thank you once again and be safe!!

I think the springs are in line with the legs on the stand when the bike is on the stand, so look for the peg on the frame directly above and in line with the stand legs

32 minutes ago, fatbloke said:

I think the springs are in line with the legs on the stand when the bike is on the stand, so look for the peg on the frame directly above and in line with the stand legs

Thank you John! will def give it another go, but i've looked for those, oh yes i did... ;)

take care!

This post, kinda gives you some clues....

On 01/07/2021 at 06:20, fast_eddy said:

This post, kinda gives you some clues....

thank you so much Eddy

it sure does help

i'm expecting to have a bit of time off today

If i come across the spot, the peg or hooking thing, i'll try and take some pics

and i'll post 'em here (if allowed) in order to help out anyone who might have the same problem in the future

you guys rock!!

have a great one and stay safe!

Hi everybody!!

First of all, thank you very much for your kind and prompt assistance :)

I managed to find the little b#$$%rd thingy, peg, hook or whatever its called where the main or center stand is supposed to attach its springs

I leave the picture here (hopefully it gets through) so anyone that could come across this kind of hiccup in the future can find it and move on to the next hideous task:

- the placing of the springs on the bloody thing, Ha!

Everyone be safe, ride smooth and be as happy as you can!

cheers from Portugal

center stand peg.jpg