Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mick M

Cable routing

3 posts in this topic

My X currently has LSL bars and a bolt on top yoke which I assume is LSL as well. The throttle cables are routed behind the headlamp bracket and off under the tank (same as my original older X) but on full left lock the revs go up rapidly. I've seen various ways of routing the cables and wondered if there is a correct way they should run.

I'm not that impressed with the LSL bar conversion (it came with it), they seem to me to sit too far back and I'm not comfy, I'll probably swap it for the standard set up off my spares X but I'd like to get the cable run right. I must admit to running very little slack in the cables but the revs go up whether it's at my setting or looser.

I couldn't get on with the one I had neither, the best route is that as shown in the diagram in the workshop manual (1-25).

Thanks Eddy :) After a rather fruitless search of my bombsite of a desk for the cd copy I remembered I had a downloaded copy of the manual on my work pc. Page printed and the correct layout of all the stuff in the headlamp - going to need that for when I get a new headlamp to replace the rather grotty one that is on there. I don't suppose you'd know where to get a searchlight size lamp that will fit between the brackets?!