Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest bandit

Top speed

41 posts in this topic

I've seen 250 km/h for some seconds...(and it had more power!!)

The truth is that over 200-220 km/h ,you feel uncomfortable(at least me without a screen)

Here is a screenshot of my GPS records. The 3rd line is the top speed, attained in Germany to visit the Intermot show.

screen01a.png

Max height (last line) was reached while skiing in Val Thoren btw... hehehe !

That equals 180.19764568 miles per hour, which would be a jail sentence in the UK. :drool:

180mph?? :huh: What modifications have you done to it Chris?

290km\h ?! God damn!!!... at this speed head usually is in the ass already... I can't believe to your gadget!  :drool:

280km/h for me, a couple years back, stayed there for about 30secs.. and only tried it just once.. dun think i wanna try that on my old X11 again.. :)

I been riding my x11 flat out but i dont know how fast it was but it kept on going untill the rew stop kicked in and the speed needle were as flat out as the motor.

260km/h yesterday and more to give....but i dont recommend this, real uncomfortable. But fun and windie

150 with my screen and a bit left I think .. 160 is a the "book" speed. So that bares up I believe.

I've done 275 kmh (170mph) while racing with a Kawa ZX7R and a BMW M5 E39. They both left me in the dust, the Kawa doing 285 and the beemer must have gone at at least 300 kmh. Gotta love the swedish highways!

I've had a ZX-7R, and it won't get close to 170mph, no way, not with a pipe and kit ..

ZX-9R yes, easy, but not a 7.

I've seen 165 on a very blurred speedo whilst riding in a very blurred world!!

Does the X's 5th gear have a higher ratio than a blackbirds?

Not very windy in the dyno room though :-) ..

No drag .. but a nice brag .. 160 I reckon .. book speed it would seem ..

I've had a ZX-7R, and it won't get close to 170mph, no way, not with a pipe and kit ..

ZX-9R yes, easy, but not a 7.

It was a 7. I don't know the details on his bike, but clearly it had a lot of things done with it. The bike was a former roadracing bike as well.

Maybe he didn't see the speedo all clear, but I know i reached 275 at top speed, and the Kawa slipped slowly pass me.

(Of course, it might be that my speedo is a bit too optimistic)

Edited by Bonnis