Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest bandit

Top speed

41 posts in this topic

I was wondering, how fast is the X11? what is the quickest recorded speed anyone has manged. I ask as I doubt I will ever find out, my head seems to want to fall off anything past 130mph. Damn that windblast. :D

Well i've done approx 145 leaving a z1000 up the M6.:D

There was more left in it too but the left mirror allways folds in on mine at anything over 130.:doh:

Well Rich , Ive had my fun on the old girl , And a couple of years back my mate who incidentally rides every thing flat out used to say about riding to work on his R1 at 04:30 in the morning along the M4 used to see his speedo bouncing between 176 to 177 flat out every day couldn't believe it when he followed me , he said I was showing 161 on his speedo and couldn't believe the X had so much acceleration either.

By the way from what I could see the old girl was showing about 158 on the analog speedo.

My dyno run in 03 showed 160 on it as well

Edited by x11r

Last summer I`ve managed to hit approx. 240km/h for short period on the german autoban, but felt really uncomfortable at that high speed :P

I think the X has ability to reach 250km/h for sure!

Mines seen 155mph give or take a few mph,it's hard to be exact at that sort of speed,to busy watching were I'm going.

Seen 165 mph on the speedo while chasing an SP1, which I then passed as the rider had a moments hesitation when he saw a police volvo T5 parked ahead, on that streach of road he dropped from 150 to 140 so I took the opportunity passed him, the coppers where non to pleased, just nailed it & never saw either of them again :)

I often see how quick my X11 goes on a nice quiet section of country road near where I stay. It is just over 1/2 a mile long, with no side roads after the first 200 yards to contend with, plus low walls either side of open fields - so good visibility. The surface is not great, and you really need to brake hard for the 90 degree bend at the end. I usually manage 150 by the braking point, but obviously wind resistance is a limiting factor as my Blade has managed 160 here (speedo readings).

The bike is certainly not flat out and is still pulling well, so I don't see any reason it wouldn't keep going until the limiter kicked in.

Pete

Oh also stem nut clocks seem to fall out of their mounts at 155 mph, cured this with a bit of silicon tho.

Cheers guys, the lack of fairing is probably a good idea, past 130 I really find things get a hard work. ;D

seem to remember a video on youtube that compared various cars and bikes, the X11 being one. Unsure as to wether this is a Jap X11 or not though, but the time was very respectable

I saw 145mph on the Autobahn with luggage, tent and tank bag on, recorded on my Zumo couldn`t see what the speedo said

155, however this was only after a VERY quick look at the speedo the bike was still accelerating but never took my eyes off the road again. Although I do believe I arrived at my destination before I had left? strange....:-)

Now these are from the speedo and not from calibrated equipment (don't have GPS, but two up with the Givi side cases and luggage loaded, 145mph and stable as a rock.

Solo on the Autobahn three years ago, Givi side cases and topbox, an indicated 165mph but it was quite a bit scarier than with the extra pillion weight, there were some slight side winds that made me slow right down to a more reasonable 120mph.

Whitegloss very interested in your 210mph top speed m8!

Whitegloss you must have really altered your gearing and had some mods done as MotoGP bikes pushing out 245bhp are struggling to hit the 210mph mark , Tell us your secret ??

it runs on a mix of ethanol and irn bru? :)

Aye with NOs as well !

quote; Whitegloss you must have really altered your gearing and had some mods done as MotoGP bikes pushing out 245bhp are struggling to hit the 210mph mark , Tell us your secret ??

Head on the tank, arse in the air and a big dose of bul****!:dielaughing:

according to the youtube video the blackbird does 0-100 kph in 2.60, the X11 does it in 2.43 seconds. That is faster than the Ducati 998 at 3.03. :biggrin3d:

according to the youtube video the blackbird does 0-100 kph in 2.60, the X11 does it in 2.43 seconds. That is faster than the Ducati 998 at 3.03. :biggrin3d:

Sure i posted that video up a while back. 0-60 times for cars & bikes or summat.:confused:

How much difference is 60kph to 60mph though?

Probably, with a good start the x11 will hit 60mph in maybe just under 3secs?

Still, fast enough.

100kph = 62mph. 60mph = 96kph X11 is doing 0-60 in 2.43 seconds

It runs on Bull ****.......!!!!!!!!!!!..........Steve

near where i live got a downhill 2 mile deadstraight dual carrigeway can get x11 flat out on limiter 169 speedo reading

Edited by casper