X11-Gav

Battery dead

5 posts in this topic

Hi new to the site and the X11. I went to start my bike for work and the battery was near enough dead and wouldn't start. I got a jump start from a booster pack off my neighbour. I charged the battery at work and it started first time until I got home and turned the bike off. I went to start it again to pop out and it was dead again. I did notice when I applied the front brake the lights on the clocks dimmed a little bit. Im thinking stator or regulator? Could it be as simple as a bad earth? Any help would be much appreciated.

I would start with a new battery..duff ones cause all kinds of problems..

Hi Andy. I have tried a battery off my Tl1000s and it did the same after a quick blast. It seems its being drained and not charging that's why im thinking regulator or stator?

A stator test is easy and takes a few minutes to do, look it up on YouTube, all work in the same principle.

rec/reg are the worst culpits on X11,it on the site somewhere just put rec/reg in search box I think you should get about 14.6 volts at 5000rpm across the terminals if it groosed it will fry battery.I replaced mine with a JAWS one of a b/b only needs minor alter to lenght of wire ?