Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
blueboy

seat lock

8 posts in this topic

Hi I replacing the rear fender like for like but have the lock cable out but can't see how to remove the lock. Thought there would be a sliding clip but can't see one.Any help?

sorted bet there a special tool for that £s no doubt.But I need better eyesight more than a special tool

No mention of it in the manual and I've never removed one. Someone will be along soon who has tho!

Henri must have removed his as he did a complete rear end re-build. Henri where are you.

Mick, i just came back yesterday evening from Baltic trip, so i`m back.

I took it out just like that, original assembly might be tricky, i had that ermax under tray fitted before (not by me) so it was easier.

There is clip that you just pull out and then the lock cylinder comes out, if i remember right on that original assembly it is between inner and outer plastic so that it is difficult to see.

It is there for sure.

yes it's behind the outer case in the pocket under the tail light, it looks like a split washer like you find inside cupboards but it a one piece with a hole in the centre so you have to get a very fine pointed tool ( I used a old electrical probe ) to bent the tags back then you can turn the assembly round using the key after you have slid the cable out.the lock barrel comes out then you have to put the tags back you it can be reused as no one seems to be able to find a part number for it.Simple LOL

Here is how it looks.

DSC_0405_zpsp8f1cimm.jpg

Yes that the flat tagged washer around the base of the barrel its a pig to get the tags opened when down in the original fender,I would have used a sliding clip but it lasted 14 years no probs so maybe honda were right in first place.BUGGERS