Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Matt2501

Honda X11 Ist service

7 posts in this topic

hey guys, got a Honda X11 2000 reg, its only done 8k so I don't think its had its first service, the guy I bought it off did all the fluids, I changed the air filter (k&N) and the spark plugs and a new fuel filter.

it doesn't need the valve clearance checked at 10k or its first service does it?

Nah, I suspect it'll be fine for ages. I checked one at 16,000 miles once and there was no wear.

Service intervals are every 8,000 miles (or annually) with a valve check every other service.

Welcome Matt, good to hear you've managed to find a low mileage model of the bike. It will serve you well if looked after.

Hi Matt all I would check is the tyres and work out the age of them as if old I would consider changing them and made sure sub frame has been done if you are ever going to put sport rack or top box on bike. Enjoy to the forum

Definitely check the age of the tyres, a mate of mine whose to tight to buy new tyres is running on tyres that are well over 10 years old. He wonders why he has come off it ,very minor damage plus the bike is down right dangerous to ride. His bike as been off the road for a number of years hence the age of the tyres,just put it back on the road...

I have written out service sheets that I use, I cant work out how I can post them up, basically its a list of service items and with service intervals, that I tick off as I do them, theres a front cover, service checklist and notes sheet in different formats that can be altered if need be otherwise you just print and go.

Upload them to a platform you're familiar with then put the links on this site.